Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to remove shutdown from power menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am new to kodi, I checked a lot of information about removing the shutdown button, but none of them take effect, even the xml file mentioned in the information does not exist. My kodi version is 18. How do I remove the shutdown button? Thanks a lot Smile
(2019-12-05, 09:18)mondaywoo Wrote: [ -> ]even the xml file mentioned in the information does not exist.

And which xml file would that be? For the default Estuary skin, if "that file" isn't there, the skin wouldn't work properly when accessing the power menu.

Not sure which "Linux" you have (since you posted your thread in this section), but on an Ubuntu-flavor setup, go to this file:
/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/DialogButtonMenu.xml
and remove all items below the "Quit()" button section, or just the shutdown button if you want just that.

Do make a backup of that file first before you start butchering it. You will need to work as 'root' since this is a system-skin of Kodi.
(2019-12-05, 09:45)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]DialogButtonMenu.xml
thx a lot. I install a new skin, and finally found the xml file. thank uSmile
if you don't start kodi with the "standalone" option, the shutdown option should not appear. if it does, there is a bug.
(2019-12-05, 12:38)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]if you don't start kodi with the "standalone" option, the shutdown option should not appear. if it does, there is a bug.

Returning to ancient subject.. Shutdown options are there, kodi launched with just "kodi".

I did edit the xml already, though.