Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Himedia Q10 Pro :Kodi 18.x keeps crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Logcat

Hi!
This link (text is too lengthy for the pastebin service) contains my logcat.log file, which I created while retracing steps to recreate the recurring crash. I simply watch something for a while, then exit (or let it finish) and start navigating Kodi around - ending with a crash to the desktop.
I'm trying to use the crowd's wisdom, in case anyone can analyze this and point me in the right direction to fix it.

Thanks!
(2019-12-05, 09:49)mulderfox Wrote: [ -> ]Logcat

Hi!
This link (text is too lengthy for the pastebin service) contains my logcat.log file, which I created while retracing steps to recreate the recurring crash. I simply watch something for a while, then exit (or let it finish) and start navigating Kodi around - ending with a crash to the desktop.
I'm trying to use the crowd's wisdom, in case anyone can analyze this and point me in the right direction to fix it.

Thanks!

Just a quick update:
It seems the culprit is Kodi itself.
I've first tried to replace it with SPMC, but SPMC - development having been halted - is stuck at version 16.x and has some issue with its scrapers.
So, I've went to look for other Kodi forks, and found WBMC (https://www.wonderbox.tv/downloads/)
The version is the same as the latest kodi (18.5), but functionality for me is way better.
Skins work correctly, no crashes so far. copied over the playerfactory XML file from Kodi, so wrapper also works fine. The only thing was that the music scraping did not work properly, and I resolved it by deleting the mymusic db file, and let the system recreate the database.
Now all seems to work fine.

Just FYI for people who encounter similar issues.