Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Folder View?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
was pulled away for the holidays but now i'm back at it....

looking at the responses i'm not sure if they will do what i'm actually looking for, it seems that custom menu items can indeed be set up for the home screen but from there only home screen type widgets can be added to the custom menu items (random, in progress, newly added etc.), i.e. that's what you'll see when you focus on a home screen custom menu item.

what i want to do is have the custom home screen menu item show all of the movies in a folder when i focus on it, the same view you get when you select a home screen item, does this make sense?

for example the behavior for the default home screen movie menu item seems to be to display widgets pertaining to the movie category (again, random, in progress, newly added etc.), but you have to actually click the menu item to see all of the movies within movies menu item (displayed based on what you've selected, poster wall, info list, etc.)... i don't want to have to click the menu item to see this content, i want to see this content when i focus on the menu item, and from there just select my movie, is this possible?

thanks very much!
this is what i'm talking about...

- when i hover/focus on the "movie" menu item widgets are displayed, and when i click the "movie" menu item the movies are displayed.
- i would like the movies to display instead of the widgets whenever i hover/focus on the "movie" menu item.

is this possible?

i've been playing around with custom home menus but can't quite figure it out how to do the above... the closest i've come is creating a playlist for each of my video sources and then, using custom home menus, added the playlist as a widget, but this just gives me widget when i hover/focus on the menu item and i have to click it to see the contents.

any help would be appreciated! 

Pages: 1 2