Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Properly working BlueTooth Dongle / Drivers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to find the right combo of BT adapter / drivers for windows 10 that will work with Kodi using "direct sound" settings rather than WASAPI
So when I'm using Kodi the audio driver doesn't kill access to everything else on my system. its been a pain in the ass.

Has anyone else had experience with this and what did you use / do to resolve it?

THANKS!
Ensure your windows set-up aligns with the last wiki link below, the other wiki's should give you a bit of background work. Piping audio through a blue tooth adapter is going to be hardware dependant, and would be at the mercy of your hardware device & driver. For the most part settings in windows allows for the system audio, wasapi is the preferred method for pass-through (untouched audio) to a modern AVI or AMP which could have blue tooth capabilities, but as noted wasapi high-jacks the audio totally, which for most is not of big concern when listening to audio or watching media, it is the preferred method. If you want to use the audio on your PC then direct sound will do fine and how that bridges into blue-tooth is a matter of windows playback devices. I should note if your AVR or TV is not on, and you have set your audio to wasapi, the lack of handshake will default to directsound and in that perhaps route to blue-tooth. 

Audio troubleshooting (wiki) Audio quickstart guide (wiki) Settings/System/Audio (wiki) Windows audio (wiki)
Yes i get that. Im hoping someone has already dealt with this had has a different hardware device & driver that is working BETTER than what i have now. or a different configuration.
that is the point of this post.
I'm only using a dongle direct to my windows 10 desktop not ported to anything else.
It worked great on windows 7 so its def. a driver issue.
Thanks again
(2019-12-12, 20:32)rayge Wrote: [ -> ]worked great on windows 7 so its def. a driver issue.
Get on the manufacturer's tail, perhaps he has a solution or discount on the next iteration.