Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compile errors on SVN 14216
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not asking for help. This is purely for information.

using build.sh
hardy heron 32bit
AMD AM2 6000+

As title. Compile bails out.

Code:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sandal/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg/libavformat'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sandal/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs'
make: *** [dvdcodecs] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/sandal/XBMC'

Errors have occurred!
View compile log? (y/n) : n
sandal@mediabox:~/XBMC$ svn up
Restored 'xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg/vhook/watermark.d'
Restored 'xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg/vhook/fish.d'
Restored 'xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.d'
Restored 'xbmc/cores/paplayer/ModuleCodec/make/dumbask'
Restored 'xbmc/cores/paplayer/vorbisfile/libvorbis/doc/Vorbis_I_spec.html'
Restored 'xbmc/cores/paplayer/vorbisfile/libvorbis/doc/Vorbis_I_spec.pdf'
At revision 14216.
sandal@mediabox:~/XBMC$ svn up
At revision 14216.
sandal@mediabox:~/XBMC$

Regards,

Dubstar_04
Thanks for following the sticky thread titled "How to post a problem in a useful manner"!
Check the README.linux file and use the Apt Get line it contains - several new packages added recently, bombed on me too until I pasted in the new line and updated packages. Looks like many more pieces of code that used to be already compiled modules are being done from source now. Current SVN working great here. Am on SVN just before 14226 - about to update to 14226 now, another big one! lol

Edit: big one indeed - more packages needed! Jasper this time. Might be some issues as it still dying here so maybe wait a bit.

Allthekiller - dying in Build script I think. (edit: no it's 2 new packages needed - see below)
Line 14284 while running depfiles commands. autoreconf command not found.
Line 14285 pushd xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libmad: no such file or directory. Line 14286: pushd xbmc/lib/cximage-6.0/zlib: no such file or directory.
/bin/bash/: ./config.status: No such file or directory.

No updated compile log from the looks of it - is showing my previous build.
14231 same issue - double checked compile.log and it is for sure old.

Okay, adding autoconf to see if that will clear this error since it's apparently not installed on my box, being called, and not in the apt-get from the Readme I think. It's now failing at line 182 unable to exec aclocal. Line 183 is also failing but I *think* it's gotten further! No new compile log. Aclocal appears to come from Automake - adding that. It's compiling now!

So, for latest version add sudo apt-get install autoconf automake to get the two packages required!

P.S. Think I was on 14221 last I worked. 1422 had the following comment that tipped me off -> "fixed: -vif to autoreconf isn't supported in gutsy with autoconf wrappers" from http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x.../?view=log
Everytime a build fails you need to
* READ THE README.Linux file to make sure nothing changed in the dependancies line (by copy/pasting it into consel)
* Type this in the source dir make distclean
* then ./configure
* then make then maybe a -j2 if you have a dual core cpu

If it still fails read the sticking topic on how to post bugs proper then post them
XBMC Ubuntu 8.04
Architecture i686
Using either build.sh or manual compile
SVN Revision 14236
Compiler Output http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/28419/

I hope this is the correct format bug report. is this enough info?
looks like configure in libfaad didnt work properly - there's no Makefile in there it seems
Jezz_X Wrote:Everytime a build fails you need to
* READ THE README.Linux file to make sure nothing changed in the dependancies line (by copy/pasting it into consel)
* Type this in the source dir make distclean
* then ./configure
* then make then maybe a -j2 if you have a dual core cpu

If it still fails read the sticking topic on how to post bugs proper then post them

Just to be clear - I did that and still had to add the packages as I noted. Not a biggie IMO just took some looking at the logs is allCool

Currently having some issues on 14269\14270 and yes I have all the new packages in the readme loaded. This looks like a code error and not a missing package. Something in Libass and no I cannot post a full log right now as I'm nearly headed for bed but here's where I think it is failing:

Code:
/usr/bin/ccache g++ -MD -c -DAPI_DEBUG -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/hal -I/usr/include/lzo -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -DHAS_XRANDR -DHAS_PCRE -D'SVN_REV="14268M"' -DINSTALL_PATH="\"/usr/local/share/xbmc\""  -I. -I../../ -I../../linux -I../../../guilib -I../../../xbmc -I../../utils  dll_tracker.cpp -o dll_tracker.o
g++ -g -O2 -o .libs/test test-test.o  -lpng ../libass/.libs/libass.so /usr/lib/libenca.so /usr/lib/libfreetype.so -L/usr/lib -lfontconfig -lz
../libass/.libs/libass.so: undefined reference to `mp_msg'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [test] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/blkmgk/XBMC/xbmc/lib/libass/test'

Not sweating it too much though. Looks like many modules we didn't used to compile are being setup to compile from source now so hiccups aren't surprising. <shrug>

P.S. how come the Sourceforge page that has the listing of SVN updates seems so slow coming up so often? Is there that much on it or is there a capacity issues with SourceforgeHuh?
14270 compiled ok for me. I had done a make distclean following a failure with 14269 though.
And yes, Sourceforges ViewVC seems to be having a lot of problems.
Did make distclean, svn up which pulled a few files down (14270 still), and still encountering the same error - odd!

I had tried make clean earlier to no avail, used Distclean this time.

Oh I did get the Sourceforge page to load finally so I could see what had been changed in the last few revisions. Just slow is all I guess! Okay NOW going to bed lol!
Hmmmmm I too have been having problems compiling ever since 14260.
I have been regularly checking for any additional dependencies and had to install autoconf and automake which passed a few errors but right now up to 14271 and I get the following errors within the compile.log after ./build.sh completes:

make[5]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/root/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libdvdnav/src/vm'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libdvdnav/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libdvdnav'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libdvdnav'
make[1]: *** [libdvdnav] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs'
make: *** [dvdcodecs] Error 2

Any ideas?
Just an update,
Revision 14272 has no compiled and built no problems Smile))
Works for me too.

Many thank,
Dubstar_04
compiling latest now, didn't see an update to readme but had to apt-get install cmake to compile one of the modules. Am on 14289. got MUCH further with cmake onboard but failed compiling Python, doesn't look like a dependency. I am headed out the door so will troubleshoot this when I return and try to post full logs!