Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EPG first aired date issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am testing populating the broadcast.firstAired field and noticed two things (in v18)

- when there is no data the 0 value in the database shows as  Wednesday, December 31, 1969.  or if I adjust for local time Thursday, January 1, 1970
- the definition of the field as unix timestamps means that older reruns from the 50's and 60's are populated as errors but show as 0

Is there a way of avoid these display issues?

Martin
(2019-12-10, 15:50)emveepee Wrote: [ -> ]I am testing populating the broadcast.firstAired field and noticed two things (in v18)

- when there is no data the 0 value in the database shows as  Wednesday, December 31, 1969.  or if I adjust for local time Thursday, January 1, 1970
- the definition of the field as unix timestamps means that older reruns from the 50's and 60's are populated as errors but show as 0

Is there a way of avoid these display issues?

Martin

I assume you are testing against Leia as at least the first issue should be fixed with Matrix
Yes the first issue tests ok in Matrix, when it is zero they don't show.   I just want to make sure the code is ok since some users have asked for this in Leia.  

Martin
It seems the only workaround for using ListItem.Premiered in v18  that works all timezones in EPG data is
Code:
<visible>!String.Contains(ListItem.Premiered,69) + !String.Contains(ListItem.Premiered,70) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Premiered) </visible>

Note it adds one year to the ListPremiered dates that Kodi PVR ignores.

Since some skins us the same PVR dialog for EPG and Recordings (which don't have ListPremiered data) shared code might need addition code exceptions using a test like this when they don't want to show invalid data
Code:
<visible>String.Contains(ListItem.Premiered,69)  | String.Contains(ListItem.Premiered,70) | String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Premiered) </visible>

Martin