Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using TMM on two machines - with shared DB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, is it possible to set the location of the DB file so that I could use TMM from 2 machines (Win and Mac) while not having to do the same updates to its DB twice per each instance?
Thanks.
no, not possible; main reason is that your windows machine and the mac machine have different "mount points" to the media files.
even if there wouldn't be the problem with different paths to the media files, tmm is designed to be an "desktop app" - not any kind of shared app or online app
Isn't, at least the windows version, portable? Meaning that all files are stored in the main tmm folder. That's at least what I always thought. And if that's the case, wouldn't it be possible to run it from a samba share or a cloud folder like onedrive?

Don't known how it would work on a Mac or if it would be possible to combine the versions. But I guess if a Mac just needs a different launcher file, that might work.

But if the folders are different, maybe symlinks can help, if those are possible on Mac.
windows _should_ be possible, IF writing on the shared drive works the same as on native windows file systems (ntfs).. I cannot guarantee that this will work (I know that there was an error running tmm on gdrive, since their file system implementation did not work with our database).
And you need at least the same mount points from the different windows machines

windows and mac will never work since from windows your mount points are like
x:\movies\..
\\NAS\movies\

and from mac it will be
/Volumes/movies/
smb://NAS/movies
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the actual media folders. I was just thinking about tmms own folders. Makes sense now.