Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: functionality to change the path without needing to rescrape
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so the folder moves to new location but the scraped data remains intact
(2019-12-11, 03:28)drramimagdi Wrote: [ -> ]so the folder moves to new location but the scraped data remains intact

Oh yes PLEASE !

I have my content in the cloud, end is slow as hell to get their medainfo, so I started assigning metadata in local and moving everything to the cloud after that... just to see TMM seeing the content as new (I assume because of the path change) and getting mediainfo again for every file, despite having the nfo in the same folder... being able to change the path without needing to scrape again would fix this use case
Yes, set up a second data source and after scraping use the action "change data source of selected movie(s)" which results of the movies being moved to the other data source.

I cannot say if that also works when using a cloud storage as the second data source - you might have to test it
(2020-01-15, 07:56)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, set up a second data source and after scraping use the action "change data source of selected movie(s)" which results of the movies being moved to the other data source.

I cannot say if that also works when using a cloud storage as the second data source - you might have to test it
It seemed to me a great feature but I tried a couple of times to use it having google drive maped into my computer with Raidrive, and I had no success.

Would be great to have any other way to tell TMM that the files are stored in other location, rather than have TMM moving those files by itself.
add a data source with the new location and to an "update data sources"..

to be honest - we cannot implement each corner case and some users just need to have "patience" if they have a special setup and things go slow because of that...
(2020-01-15, 07:56)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, set up a second data source and after scraping use the action "change data source of selected movie(s)" which results of the movies being moved to the other data source.

Would this work if I didn't move my files, but wanted to take the superior folder as source data replacing the current one?
if you "change/replace" the data source everything must be imported new.. but for later on: movies inside tmm can be in nested folders and that _should_ work
(2020-01-18, 08:03)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]if you "change/replace" the data source everything must be imported new.. but for later on: movies inside tmm can be in nested folders and that _should_ work

Hi, 

Is there any way to do any change into any file in TMM to change just drive letter from my computer to change the source of my movies?

What I mean is that I have my movies directory into a network drive (google drive with Raidrive) in Y:\, but on other computer I have it on Z:\, and any of them can be changed because of several reasons.

Would be great, in order to import all TMM from one computer to the other one, to be able to change Y:\ for Z:\ without having to rescan all the movies.

I really don't want to move any movie.  All are going to be in the same directory of google drive, but my local explorer shows a different letter from one computer vs the other one.

Would be great to be able to change source folder to a new path withouth afecting the scraping already done.

Thanks.
Hi, 

I would like to insist in this feature.  You may want to rename your movie directory, move to another location, or because of working with cloud service, as google drive, you might change the map drive in your computer, for example if you change to rclone instead of raidrive, or whatever other reason.

Being able to tell TMM that your specific path has change to another one, maintaining the same structure, would be a need feature to don't have to rescan all the library.

Having TMM to move you hole movie collection doesn't make any sense, since it can be huge and all it needs to be done is to be able to tell TMM that a specific directory has another name or it is into another path.

Please, consider this as a possibility, since It will save a lot of time spent in doing mediainfo for movies / tv shows, specially when working from google drive, as I do.  Just to scan my collection TMM can be working as much as 3 days... just because of a directory name change.  

You can say... "don't change the name" but sometimes we work into teamdrives with other people and things must be reorganized.

On the other hand... if not directly into TMM... is there any way we can access to any file in TMM (database or whatever) and edit that path?

Regards,
it would be very interesting. Is there any news?