Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video addon mixing TV shows and movies metadata
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm seeking for help about this very annoying and mysterious bug in the jellyfin-kodi addon.

Basically, if you only use it for one type of video (tv show or movies), everything (mostly) works fine. But as soon as you add a second category of videos with it, the metadata displayed in the "information" dialog seems to be have been erased by the new category. "Short" metadata in video lists is still OK.

Illustration:

Here everything is fine.

Here I clicked the "information" item from the context menu of a Fleabag episode. The main image is the correct. But the rest is the metadata from the movie "Le chant du loup". If I click "play" here, it plays this movie. However, if I click "play" from the episodes list, it correctly plays the Fleabag episode I was looking for.

This is the only place where the metadata is messed up. In the kodi web UI, the kore app, or any other jellyfin client I could test, everything seems fine.

The devs are apparently lost as to what could cause this. I don't have the required coding skills, but I figured it may help to ask around hereā€¦