Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Whitelist not working as expected - Bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have a UHD TV which is set to a desktop resolution of 2160p @30hz which is also used by Kodi as default.

I have set the following resolution in my whitelist:
1080p and 2160p @ 25 24 23,9hz

I sometimes play content in 720p and 576i/p and I would expect Kodi to upscale it to 1080p - but it doesn't!?
Annoyingly Kodi always keeps the 2160p and upscales the content to 2160p which leads to massive frame drops since my GPU cannot handle it - alternatively when I whitelist 720p @ 25 or 50hz it does switch to 720p for 720p content but not when playing 576i/p content.

Is that the intended behavior? Is it possible to force Kodi to switch to a certain display resolution for certain resolution content?
thx
Choose the TV to do the up-scaling (the hardware is built in and does a better job) Kodi's player is independent of the interface, I presume you're runing from a PC and using a display-switch or is your PC the TV as your desktop? Whitelist everything listed in your debug-log, sharing the log here might be a good idea.
(2019-12-12, 23:54)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Choose the TV to do the up-scaling (the hardware is built in and does a better job) Kodi's player is independent of the interface, I
This is exactly what I want. I do not want Kodi upscale 576p to 2160p.

I'll share the log on the weekend. Hopefully someone finds a reason why Kodi does not switch to the closet matching resolution.