Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library Cleanup takes a long time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have several Windows 10 machines running the latest Kodi.  One takes a long time (10 minutes) to clean the library.  The others take less than a minute.  Any ideas why?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2019-12-14, 20:18)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hello

Here is the log file  https://paste.kodi.tv/egunitesul.kodi

I can see that there are some old network links that are trying to be resolved an old computer name "hplaptop" and an IP from 192.168.....  both no longer exist.  Not sure where these are being referenced from.  I checked and I have no video locations that are old or not working in the settings.  

Thanks for your help.
Sources that are (no longer) available will be timing out, and cause the waiting game.
(2019-12-14, 21:51)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Sources that are (no longer) available will be timing out, and cause the waiting game.

OK so how can I delete them?
(2019-12-14, 21:04)beach40 Wrote: [ -> ]I checked and I have no video locations that are old or not working in the settings.  
If they are not in the settings, how did you delete/remove them as apparently they are still in the database.

(2019-12-14, 23:01)beach40 Wrote: [ -> ]OK so how can I delete them?
That would require some SQL knowledge I guess, if you were to 'hack' the database.