Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Duplicating the year in series with a year in the name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my tv rename rule to name the folder with the year at the end like (2018).  For series like "Charmed (2018)" the folder is being named "Charmed (2018) (2018)"

Is the a way to resolve this?

k
on tvdb the title contains the year for this show so you can either
- right click and manually edit the title for this show and rerun the renamer, or
- rescrape the metadata from tmdb (where the title does not contain the year) and rerun the renamer
Within TMM, series are always renamed with "$title ($year)".
The problem is, that some sites started to add the year to the title, thus duplicating metadata...

There's currently no easy fix for that, than manually changein the title (or rescrape with another site)
Will think about this, how to better prevent this (since we alreasdy have something in place)
(2019-12-16, 19:27)myron Wrote: [ -> ]Within TMM, series are always renamed with "$title ($year)".
The problem is, that some sites started to add the year to the title, thus duplicating metadata...

There's currently no easy fix for that, than manually changein the title (or rescrape with another site)
Will think about this, how to better prevent this (since we alreasdy have something in place)

Appreciated.  Manual rename works until i add an episode and run rename again and it puts the double year back...unless there is another place i should change the nameHuh  i will experiment more.... BTW...great application 👍
if the TV show title inside tmm is "Charmed (2018)" and your renamer rule is "${showTitle} (${showYear})" the result will be "Charmed (2018) (2018)".
We have a fix in tvdb since 2017 where year from the scraper result will be stripped off - so I do not know _why_ you get the double year (I've just tried exactly this show and everything has been renamed the right way).

we would need more details to provide further help
(2020-01-05, 09:52)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]if the TV show title inside tmm is "Charmed (2018)" and your renamer rule is "${showTitle} (${showYear})" the result will be "Charmed (2018) (2018)".
We have a fix in tvdb since 2017 where year from the scraper result will be stripped off - so I do not know _why_ you get the double year (I've just tried exactly this show and everything has been renamed the right way).

we would need more details to provide further help
I rescraped the series and then forced a rename and this solved it.  Now the names of the series, old and 2018 series, are both Charmed which is not desirable, but the folders are correct with the year only once.  Not ideal but not too big an issue.

thanks