Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Bug report thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Don't think he called it 14a, though. If he had, I'd have flung a giant spanner at him.
When I go to library mode it reads nothing scanned.What gives?
Rookie Wrote:When I go to library mode it reads nothing scanned.What gives?

When you updated you may have erased your database... did you keep your userdata folder? what system are you running xbmc on anyways... additionaly this isn't an aeon issue per say... furthermore, what have you done recently to have caused this? updated xbmc I presume... asking "what gives?" really doesn't give us much to go on.
couple of things I noticed, when setting video mode defaults whilst watching a video, the text overlays making it unreadable, weather text is still out, and even though Ive re-set the skin, im still not getting episode images when there selected.

Im on the latest T3CH XMBC build btw
djh_ Wrote:14a? Not without a flux capacitor he didn't.

Oops! I suppose that's what I get for posting at work Oo. Remembered incorrectly.

Mulligan:
Last night I installed Aeon version 14 and was excited to check out the new info screens for the movie libraries. I must say djh_ that your stuff just keeps getting cooler.

Nevertheless, the issue occured. Not sure if it's an Aeon problem or XBMC, but definitely not normal behavior.
I've had a funny bug/crash that has happened twice now, once with an older build and once with Build 14 & the latest T3CH build (2008-07-28):

I'll move a movie folder over to the Xbox (with an IMDb .nfo file). In XBMC, my normal method is to go into Movies and then switch to Files mode. I highlight the new folder and select Info. This will bring up the movie information and then add it to the Library. If the IMDb scraper doesn't supply a poster image, I'll then go over to the computer, find one, rename it folder.jpg and then move it over to the Xbox. Here's where the weird bug/crash comes in. From the Info screen, I select the Get Thumb button. If I accidentally select No Thumb instead of Browse, the Xbox locks up.

I reboot and go back to Movies. As soon as I scroll toward that folder, it crashes right before it appears. It seems to be crashing during the process of making the thumb.

I reboot and go into Movies again. This time I don't scroll and switch to Library mode instead. It switches and then locks up. All is well if I reboot, clean the library and delete that movie folder. Here's a crazy part: If I reupload that folder to the Xbox, all of the crashing problems start again! The only way I can get that folder over and set it up in the library is to rename that folder. If I do that, I can hit Info and it adds to the library just fine. As long as I don't accidentally hit No Thumb, that is!

Weird, huh? Could this be an XBMC problem and not an Aeon problem? I suppose I should try it in PMIII...

Okay, just tried it and it didn't lock up or crash with PMIII.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that the IMDb scraper never seems to supply posters anymore? And for all of my recent library adds, writer and director seems to always show up as "Not Available". Am I the only one this is happening to? This is happening even with big Hollywood movies that have a poster, as well as writer and director information, on the IMDb web page itself.
When watching a DVD file (.iso or video_ts) the "root menu" button does not take me the DVD's menu but back to my video library. Works fine in the PMIII but not Aeon.
(30 June T3CH build, Xbox v1.6). Would love to see this fixed.
Okay so I found the .xml file that I believe I need to change in order to make the DVDplayer go to the DVD menu instead of stopping the movie but I don't know what parameter I need to give the function. As is the function looks like this:
"<onclick>XBMC.PlayerControl(Stop)</onclick>"
I tried putting 'Menu' in instead of 'Stop' but that didn't work. I guess I will poke around some more and see what I can find unless someone tells me otherwise.

-Bahndit
Nevermind- I found the necessary parameter by looking through the PM III skin, "ShowVideoMenu". So now my VideoOSD.xml looks like this under the Root Menu command.
<onclick>XBMC.PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu)</onclick>
So now the when watching a DVD file "root menu" takes you to the DVD Menu and when watching other videos root menu does nothing.

-Bahndit
Now if I could just figure out why my dang Episode Thumbs won't show up! Oo
Bahndit Wrote:Now if I could just figure out why my dang Episode Thumbs won't show up! Oo

Settings -> AEON -> System -> Reset all settings to default
Latest release - if you bring up the menu for visualisations whilst playing music from the side menu most of the text is missing and what is there is obscured by the menu.
I have upgraded Aeon from Alpha12 to Alpha14 on a Mac mini running Plex (nee. OSXBMC), and Aeon via the Core option reports itself as being Alpha13.

Obviously not a critical bug. Big Grin

PS. No I have not reset Aeon settings.
Its a placeholder.. not live yet...
On the matter of the selected episode thumb not showing up...

I put Aeon 14 on my system and found I was having that problem as well (I had earlier Aeon versions installed previously.) I reset the settings (or at least I thought I had) and the problem persisted.

Then last night I saw there was a new T3CH version out. I installed that, and the latest Aeon skin and then Aeon lite over top. Its all looking fantastic, but low amazingly I am still having problems with the selected thumb not showing up!?!

I've only read one or two people complaining about this problem, but I can't understand why I'm having this problem since I've done a clean install. Are there any settings related to Aeon that are persisted outside the XBMC folder? I installed XBMC into a completely new folder and set it all up from scratch without copying any old files over.

Any ideas??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11