Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Title sorting A, An, The
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed TMM does not add the comma when scraping. As per example listed in settings, general, title sorting a comma is supposed to be added eg. The Bourne Identity s/be Bourne Identity, The. All my movies that I already have which I edited via nfo files previously, I did this way with comma. It would be nice if I cud do this automagically via TMM. Presently I edit it thru TMM. Thanks in advance.
I use Filebot to rename my movies prior to scraping. Therefore my movie names and folders in explorer are already changed this way.
this is only used inside tmm for displaying the titles; this has no influence into writing of NFOs - we just pass the title (not sorted title) from tmm into the NFO.

the app which consumes the NFO has to do the same (like Kodi does)
"this is only used inside tmm for displaying the titles; this has no influence into writing of NFOs"
I donot get this - When I scrape the movie it creates nfo file with title Bourne Identity The. If I edit movie via tmm and add the comma then it scrapes it to nfo correctly viz. Bourne Identity, The.
"we just pass the title (not sorted title) from tmm into the NFO"
Where does tmm get the tiltle from in first place?, is not from my filename which is named Bourne Identity, The.
scraping = getting data from online sources (like tmdb). You wrote that you get the title from scraping..

upon update data sources (= uds; searching for files on the file system) we try to parse out the title from any existing NFOs or at least the foldername/filename.

so please provide us your real workflow and _where_ you expect _what_
My workflow:- 1.D/l movie folder & name "The.Bourne.Identity.2002.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG"
2. Use filebot to rename movie name and subs to "Bourne Identity, The 2002 1080p BluRay RARBG" (There are sub files which I first remove from sub folder and add to movie folder then copy and paste the downloaded name to these sub files. Sometimes there are 2 files and 1 is for SDH then I add SDH at the end of filename)
3. Use filebot to rename folder to "Bourne Identity, The (2002) [119mins] [1080p] [5.1] [PG-13] [7.1] [Action, Drama, Mystery, Thriller]"
4. Use Tmm to update source "Bourne Identity The" shows up on title. (This is where I want it to show as "Bourne Identity, The")
5. Edit movie via Tmm to add comma.
6. Scrape movie.

P.S. I am looking at your renamer function. It is lacking some tokens eg. runtime, actors (which I use for my westerns only), Ignore this as it is resolved,thanks.
Need an ability to add some words in my filename title e.g. RARBG, YIFY, REMASTERED etc.
there is an edition field (for remastered) and a note field for any other infos Wink
(2019-12-24, 09:11)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]there is an edition field (for remastered) and a note field for any other infos Wink

Thanks for prompt reply. Looked at this, not really what I wanted. Looking for an IF statement to use in the explorer filename.