Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tubi TV Revisit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was checking out the previous Tubi TV thread and was wondering if it could be revisited.  The thread was closed 8 months ago saying "The Tubi TV add-on in the Kodi.org was removed at the request of the content owner"

Aside from some sort of licensing agreement I was wondering why it is available on so many platforms aside from Kodi.

I fired off an email to Tubi Support and received the following response;

Mel (Tubi)
Dec 23, 14:13 PST

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Tubi Support.

I'm sorry but the Tubi app has not been tested yet on Kodi so we cannot guarantee it will work nor can we troubleshoot issues with it.

Regards,
Mel
Tubi Support

Can anyone make sense of that?  Is that something developers here can pick up and run with ie testing or troubleshooting?

Thanks
For Canadian viewers, unlike Pluto TV, Tubi TV is fully available in Canada

Tubi: Everything you need to know about the free movie and TV streaming service
Andrew Hayward Techradar.com January 30, 2019

Meet a free Netflix alternative with surprisingly good shows and movies

Tubi Announces Record Growth, 2019 Expansion Plans as the World's Largest Free Service for Movies and Television
Financial Post January 30, 2019

Tubi’s library has rapidly expanded to more than 12,000 movies and television series which makes its content volume more than double in size to Netflix – and it has approximately 40,000 hours of content. Tubi consistently ranks as one of the most watched apps on the world’s largest platforms including Amazon’s Fire TV, Roku iOS, Android, and many others.
is there any copyright stopping it ?

Is that something developers here can pick up i have one that i have modified to work on kodi 19

<addon id="plugin.video.tubi" name="TUBITV" version="0.1.3" provider-name="Majide"
The other Tubi thread made it look as if an addon was violating Tubi's terms of service, but I'm wondering if anyone has really delved into this or just read something into it.  I'm not criticizing, I'm asking.  The email I posted from Tubi above doesn't really make it sound like Tubi on Kodi is verboten.  It's all conjecture on my part, I am sure someone out there is more knowledgeable than I am on the subject.
https://thestreamable.com/news/tubi-voic...st-hub-max

Tubi is currently available on Android and iOS mobile devices, Amazon Echo Show, Comcast Xfinity X1, Cox Contour and on OTT devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Sony TVs, Samsung TVs Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Consumers can also watch Tubi content on the web at www.tubi.tv.
tubi
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jv2E68W...sp=sharing

i did not make this addon  i was watching python 2 to 3 converter video and tested it on the tubi tv add on
someone should make a beautiful Kodi add on for Tubi.
Locking this because they (Tubi TV) asked us to remove the original addon.
(2019-12-24, 04:15)barney63 Wrote: [ -> ]The other Tubi thread made it look as if an addon was violating Tubi's terms of service, but I'm wondering if anyone has really delved into this or just read something into it.  I'm not criticizing, I'm asking.  The email I posted from Tubi above doesn't really make it sound like Tubi on Kodi is verboten.  It's all conjecture on my part, I am sure someone out there is more knowledgeable than I am on the subject.

@barney63 - to be clear, we were sent a cease and desist order telling us to remove the addon, which is why it was removed. It's detailed in the thread already mentioned, and is something we will always abide by if we receive them.

Also please do not start emailing content providers with regard to addons. It would be easily misconstrued as being an official request/discussion, which you are not authorised to have on behalf of Kodi, and such requests can easily draw unwanted attention to any existing unofficial addons that may exist and lead to such cease and desist orders being posted.

If there are content providers that you think should be approached, then please inform us and we will consider doing so officially. Them receiving such requests from people who do not represent Kodi is just asking for trouble.