Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: finding meta data for TV shows fails if name contains season and episode info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have files of the form: "show.name.s02e01', etc.

When attempting to search / scrape the show, the search results show nothing found, until I remove the s02e01 from the filename.

Is there a way to get TMM to ignore the season and episode information, or use it to find the appropriate meta information?
That is crazy. You must be doing something wrong.

Are you talking about episode files? If you remove the SxxExx numbering, how does TMM and Kodi know which episode it is?
(2019-12-25, 21:19)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]That is crazy. You must be doing something wrong.

Are you talking about episode files? If you remove the SxxExx numbering, how does TMM and Kodi know which episode it is?

I agree, that I must be doing something wrong. I was hoping someone could explain how this is supposed to work.
you need at least one folder for every TV show in the root of your data source: please see the examples at https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...gs#general

inside this TV show folder it (almost) does not matter where the new files are: you can just put them into the root of your TV show folder and as long as there is a detectable SxxExx pattern inside the file name tmm can work with it
(2019-12-26, 18:37)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]you need at least one folder for every TV show in the root of your data source: please see the examples at https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...gs#general

inside this TV show folder it (almost) does not matter where the new files are: you can just put them into the root of your TV show folder and as long as there is a detectable SxxExx pattern inside the file name tmm can work with it
Thanks, I will try this. I still don't think tmm stopping the rename process for files located in the root TV folder, because the show folder already exists, is the intended behaviour.
(2019-12-26, 19:45)carylewis2011 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-26, 18:37)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]you need at least one folder for every TV show in the root of your data source: please see the examples at https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...gs#general

Thanks, I will try this. I still don't think tmm stopping the rename process for files located in the root TV folder, because the show folder already exists, is the intended behaviour. 
I'm still having a problem getting this to work correctly.

I have a bunch of episode files located in a show's folder - but some of these episodes are located in their own sub-folder, since that's how they were originally copied to my computer.  Can tmm do a recursive traversal of the show's folder, and rename all of the media files it finds, and put them into the appropriate season folders?

I also notice that under a particular season's sub-folder, only shows that  have the form "Show - SnnEmm - name of show". I was hoping that tmm would rename all of the media files it finds to the create format?
What does happen when you press "update datatsource" for your tv shows?

Does this show get created?
Does it have all the files assiociated with a correct S/EE number like from filename?

If yes, then scrape the show,
and if you're satisfied with the look, rename it.
TMM does that not automatically for you, if you're asking....

Just try it with one show... and ask again if there are errors...