Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Request: Capability to build "intelligent" smart playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I think I have a good idea about improving Kodi playlists and TMM, but I'm hoping someone can run with it and turn it into a great idea. 

I'd like to request a TMM feature which will make it easier to create Kodi Smart Playlists.
  1. Basic function:
    1. A web / computer based UI to manually create smart playlist files for Kodi using the built-in features (.xsp files)
    2. A web/ computer based UI to import movie lists from IMDB and create smart play lists for Kodi
    3. Store the playlist on the shared media source to automatically imported by multiple devices running Kodi
  2. Use cases:
    1. Creating a playlist with child approved media.  This can be done via a remote and the Kodi interface if you have A LOT of patience.
    2. Creating a playlist with a theme. E.g. Christmas, Halloween, July 4th, baseball, etc.
    3. Updating an existing playlist with new information (e.g. latest Star Wars movie is released, it should automatically be appended to the playlist)
    4. Converting an exported IMDB list to work with Kodi
    5. Using IMDB Advanced Title Search / similar
I know some of these things can be built using the Kodi native tools, but the interface is a PITA and it would be nice if TMM could manage it similar to how movie sets are managed.  

Thoughts?
@bolsen21 Tried to send you a PM but you have your inbox disabled

I made a similar request https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349442 so I think it is a good idea also. But the developers don't have capacity so this is primarily for anyone else who does.

Tried finding other solutions and came across an add-on that imports user lists from trakt but it is rightfully banned because their intention was not only to import lists. This is to say, since TMM already has a trakt service and trakt contains many user created lists - this would probably be a good place to start instead of IMDB or TMDB (like i initially suggested)

Edit: Found an alternative solution https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=140494