Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping movie by IMDB ID isn't working for certain titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m trying to scrape a movie and it comes up with “nothing found”. I have had this with “shorts”, “videos” in IMDB as they aren’t listed as “movies”. I usually then just search the IMDB ID and this resolves to the title in question. Today I’m not able to do that. It still says nothing found.

I have 2 current examples:
tt10767720
tt10627776

Both are “video” categories in IMDB which I think it part of the issue.

Here is the log when I'm searching by ID:
xml:
2020-01-01 15:35:51,736 INFO  [SwingWorker-pool-4-thread-8] o.tinymediamanager.core.movie.MovieList:570 - =====================================================
2020-01-01 15:35:51,737 INFO  [SwingWorker-pool-4-thread-8] o.tinymediamanager.core.movie.MovieList:571 - Searching with scraper: universal_movie, 3.0
2020-01-01 15:35:51,738 INFO  [SwingWorker-pool-4-thread-8] o.tinymediamanager.core.movie.MovieList:572 - MediaSearchOptions[type=MOVIE,query=tt10767720,year=0,ids={imdb=tt10767720},language=en,country=Australia]
2020-01-01 15:35:51,738 INFO  [SwingWorker-pool-4-thread-8] o.tinymediamanager.core.movie.MovieList:573 - =====================================================

Searching by title ID seems to work with “shorts” but not “videos”. It’s inconclusive if it’s related to the category, I just tested some shorts and they resolved to a title OK.

I use “Universal movie scraper - 3.0” . I did notice in the settings of the “IMDb.com - 3.3” scraper there is a setting “filter unwanted categories”. Changing this doesn’t change the outcome. I also think searching by title ID overrides this setting anyway seeing as I have been able to scrape categories other than movie by title ID in the past without changing this setting.

Here are my universal scraper settings:

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
try to untick the "filter unwanted categories" from the imdb scraper settings
Thanks for the reply. It does the same thing with "filter unwanted categories" un-ticked.
I found a workaround. For anyone else with a similar issue. You can just use The Movie Database as the "search with" option under movie scraper settings. So although I'm using IMDB in most places I want to, the name resolves correctly now. Smile

thanks for pointing this out. looks like there is a bug in the imdb scraper parsing logic. I will fix that for v3.1
@mlaggner Could you also look into why sometimes when we put imdb id, it doesnt work?

Im scraping for 77th annual golden globe awards. The imdb page is https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10821190/. searching the id reveals nothing.

https://i.imgur.com/Si36zNE.png
should be also fixed.. there was _ancient_ coding in the imdb search where we validated the inserted string against a imdb regular expression which only covered "tt" followed by 6 or 7 digits; imdb has now reached tt+8digits and this is why the search failed;
the fix is not in the prerel yet (just in the nightlies)