Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library makes duplicate entries if two folders created with only case differences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have automated some of my file storage, and occasionally it stores files in folders "My file System" rather than "my file system" or even "My File System"

When this happens, even if there are no actual duplicate files, Kodi stores the file in the library as duplicates.

When I try to fix it, by moving files into the same file structure and same name, the duplicates persist even after cleaning the library.

The only way I have found to remove the problem is the completely remove the library

I have tried this on 18.5 and up through nightlies.
I just stumbled across this myself. I found that I had hundreds of duplicate episodes of tv shows after having tweaked the capitalisation of a few directories to be more consistant to satisfy my OCD.

I tried re-scraping the shows and emptying the source by changing the content type to 'none' and back again. But still I ended up with duplicates.

Turns out the reason was that removing shows and even cleaning the library doesn't delete the paths from the 'path' table in 'MyVideos116.db', so any path capitalisation changes you make will result in extra path entries. You have to manually remove the extra entry/entries from the 'path' table. This should be reported as a bug, cause it really should be cleaned up automatically.
(2020-01-25, 06:08)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]I just stumbled across this myself. I found that I had hundreds of duplicate episodes of tv shows after having tweaked the capitalisation of a few directories to be more consistant to satisfy my OCD.

I tried re-scraping the shows and emptying the source by changing the content type to 'none' and back again. But still I ended up with duplicates.

Turns out the reason was that removing shows and even cleaning the library doesn't delete the paths from the 'path' table in 'MyVideos116.db', so any path capitalisation changes you make will result in extra path entries. You have to manually remove the extra entry/entries from the 'path' table. This should be reported as a bug, cause it really should be cleaned up automatically.
I made a bug report here.

Irritatingly I uploaded the wrong log file, and I won't be near my home PC for a while so I can't fix it.

No one seems to have paid any attention to it unfortunately.