Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lircmap.xml and Keymap.xml also in system folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. SVN 14280M
2. Ubuntu 8.04
3. x86
4. Build.sh
5. SVN 14280M ?

After my last SVN Upgrade i noticed something strange, my remote wasn't working as it was before.

Now i noticed changing ./userdata/Keymap.xml or Lircmap.xml changed nothing and i start reading xmbc.log.

In XBMC.Log it show's XBMC is loading both the .xml's twice. Once from ./system/Lircmap.xml and Keymap.xml and second from the Userdata folder.

I checked both files in ./System/ dir and noticed these are the original files, so not my files i edited. Replacing these with my files or deleting them makes XBMC crash at startup.
Code:
09:11:28 T:3058169696 M:974344192    INFO: Loading /home/razor/XBMC/BUILD/system/Lircmap.xml
09:11:28 T:3058169696 M:974344192    INFO: Loading /home/razor/XBMC/BUILD/userdata//Lircmap.xml

Is this a known change? or did something go wrong at my end?
System now contains the defaults.

Userdata should contain the changes you require (ideally only the changes you require).

If it doesn't work, please look into it if you can, or report a bug on trac with as many details as you can.
Ok, i will try and look into it.

I 'fixed' it myself by editing both files in ./system/ and now everything works like a charm again so i guess it doesn't look for changes in ./userdata/ anymore but just uses the files from ./system/.

------------------------------------------------------------------
PS.
About the bugtracker, is this online again? or still broken?
I tried the link in the Wiki but i get 'Permission Denied'

Access to this page is restricted (either to project members or to project administrators) and you do not meet the requirements to access this page. Please contact the administrator of this project for further assistance.
Sorry but can't edit my post..

About the Bugtracker never mind, after re-reading your reply i noticed the trac instead of tracker and after a google search i found http://www.xbmc.org/trac

Smile

Will add the bug.
Keymap.xml is known to work fine in SVN, so I presume the problem you are having is specific to Lircmap.xml ?

Cheers,
Jonathan
indeed you're right, didn't notice that.

After replacing Keymap.xml with the default one (in system dir) the remote still works so it's just Lircmap.xml which gives trouble at my end.
fixed, rev 14320
nice.. will give it a try asap!

Thanks