Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies not showing in Category Listings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm using Kodi with the following setup (I doubt all of these will be relevant but I'd rather give as much information as possible:

Kodi Version: 18.5
Run on: An ASUS laptop running Windows 10 Home (4GB RAM 64-bit OS)
Media Source: External Seagate 2TB Harddrive (shows up as D drive)

Within the External Harddrive are two folders: 'TV Shows' and Movies'.

When I add D:\TV Shows\ as a source for TV shows, they get scraped and show up fine.

When I add D:\Movies\ as a source for Movies (e.g. set "This Directory Contains" to movies and using The Movie Database as the "Information Source"), it appears to scrape ok. When I go to the Movies menu, some the movies just added show up in the Recently added movies preview section. Their thumbnails are there and play when click on then.

But...

...as soon as I select any Category (like Genres, Titles, Years etc) the resulting page is blank (or rather simple shows the .. for prev directory). 

This doesn't happen with TV Shows but seems to be limited to Movies. I'm hoping it is a silly setting I have not changed or added or maybe an add-on. 

Can anyone advise what I can do to get my movies to show up in their Category listings?
How did you scrape the movies- did you use NFO files? If yes, where did they come from and post one at Kodi Paste Site and provide the link