Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi running on Pi3 & Pi4 do not have the same view on a shared database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2020-01-07, 07:02)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-07, 00:32)Pastix Wrote: [ -> ]As soon as I clicked on Music in the main menu, the Pi4 rebooted.
That is not supposed to happen...  
I know and yet I've reproduced this 10 times.
1. I start the Pi4 : the video library is empty.
2. I click on Music : the Pi4 reboots.
3. After restart : the video library is back (and synced, since I see the same content/status from the Pi3)
I consider submitting a bug if that could help.
Sounds to me like Kodi is starting before the network connection is up.  Try delaying Kodi starting for a few seconds and see if your library is immediately available when it does.
LibreELEC has a "Wait for network" option in the Settings Add-on. Set it for 20 secs for a RPi, just in case.
(2020-01-07, 12:43)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds to me like Kodi is starting before the network connection is up.  Try delaying Kodi starting for a few seconds and see if your library is immediately available when it does.

Thanks a lot !
I had used this option in the past but had totally forgotten about it.
Problem solved.
(2020-01-07, 00:32)Pastix Wrote: [ -> ]I got it finally working.
I wanted to check from my Pi4 if I had the same issue with a music database, so I went to create a new source. As soon as I clicked on Music in the main menu, the Pi4 rebooted.
And after the restart, I had access to the shared video library. Smoothly synchronizing with the Pi3.
So everything is running just fine now, but I'm not sure that I would be able to reproduce the solution Rofl

Thanks for bearing with me Angel
Had EXACTLY the same issue bud. Solved same way as well...
(2020-03-04, 22:20)vNatius Wrote: [ -> ]
I wanted to check from my Pi4 if I had the same issue with a music database, so I went to create a new source. As soon as I clicked on Music in the main menu, the Pi4 rebooted.
And after the restart, I had access to the shared video library. Smoothly synchronizing with the Pi3.
So everything is running just fine now, but I'm not sure that I would be able to reproduce the solution Rofl

Spoke too soon... does not survive a reboot.
(2020-03-04, 22:41)vNatius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-04, 22:20)vNatius Wrote: [ -> ]

Spoke too soon... does not survive a reboot. 

Ok, Wait for network in Libreelec settings works after reboot.
Pages: 1 2