Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hide 'Extras' Folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of my movie collections have a sub-folder called 'extras' which contains additional video files based on the movie, like behind the scenes videos and the like. I can't seem to find a way to hide these from my library listings. Is there a way to make Kodi skip these folders when scraping for new content? Also, is there a quick way to remove/hide the ones that are already added?
In the files view, if you navigate down to the folder and open its context menu you can exclude the folder from scraping there.

Optionally if you have all your movies in individual folders at the top level of your source, you can also disable recursion on the scraper so that it only sees those top level folders and will ignore any sub-folder like "extras" within them.

But the more powerful (if a little more complex) way is to use a regex expression to exclude the folder name. See this wiki section from the advancedsettings.xml (wiki) page for details.
(2020-01-10, 13:29)boodahbellie Wrote: [ -> ]Some of my movie collections have a sub-folder called 'extras' which contains additional video files based on the movie, like behind the scenes videos and the like. I can't seem to find a way to hide these from my library listings. Is there a way to make Kodi skip these folders when scraping for new content? Also, is there a quick way to remove/hide the ones that are already added?

Make an empty text file called ".nomedia" and save it in that folder.  Then KODI's scrapping will skip the folder.
I too am having this same issue. I have tried all the suggestions above with no luck... Even if I tell it to exclude a path... on reboot it will try to add the files from Extra folder.

The only work around I have found is to turn off undate library on startup and manually add want you want.

I wish there was a way to tell the scrapper look if the folder say starts with a '.' then skip.

And then you'd have something like .Extras and it would totally ignore that folder.

Grrr

Having to add each TV show/movie manually is a pain.

Anyone found a solution?
(2021-08-25, 04:26)ZennMystic Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone found a solution?
Read section 4 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras
Sorry my bad. I did not mention that I am running kodi from my Xbox One. On further reading I could not get the .nomedia. empty text file to work either.