Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unknown Movies or Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I have four movies or files that keep re-occurring when updating my library and even though I managed to remove them when I first set Kodi up I cannot get rid of them now and it is very annoying every time I update using the movie scrapers. I have searched the library within Kodi and plugging the drive into my PC and I cannot find anything like the four files so that I can remove them.
Below is the list. Can anyone help and tell me how to remove these annoying files so that they don't keep popping up when updating.

Regards,
Doug.

1: $16ZEV2S.mkv
2: $ID1I7MH.mp4
3: $R6ZEV2S.mkv
4: $RD1I7MH.mp4
If you try and play them, what happens?
That's where the problem lies. They don't show up in the library and only show when updating... I have searched the whole library which is over 1900 HD movies and there is nothing like them anywhere.
Ok, I have figured it out I think. I went in to File manager in Kodi and found a recycle bin file and in there I found the four offending files however kodi wouldn't let me delete it from there so I plugged the external drive into my PC and deleted it that way. Started kodi back up in Nvidea Shield and it scanned for new movies but didn't find any.
(2020-01-11, 01:36)Doorpro Wrote: [ -> ]I went in to File manager in Kodi and found a recycle bin file and in there I found the four offending files
If that is the case, you have incorrectly setup your Sources. Sounds like you have added the entire drive as a Source which is wrong.
You're most likely right but the whole 6TB drive is for movies only and nothing else so it has been fine through the years and different versions of Kodi. I'll just have to keep an eye out for this in the future and I thank you for all your help because what you are saying now makes a lot of sense to me.
Isn't it weird that this has only done this twice in over six years. I would have expected this to have occurred more, whew...
Would depend I guess on how often you delete stuff on the drive, at least in a way that the deleted files end up in the bin...

Anyway thread marked solved.