Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Maximum Number of Extrafanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Going back to Artwork Downloader I'd always been able to have up to 20 extrafanart images. I'm trying to bypass any add-ons I don't need and since Kodi supports extrafanart natively now I'd like to use that functionality. From the wiki it implies an unlimited number but I can only get 5 to rotate.
Could someone clear up what the limits are and how to set them up?

advancedsettings.xml
You would have to check what the skin has allowed for. Sure you can add advancedsettings.xml elements for 100 extrafanart, but the skin may only be coded to use 10.
(2020-01-12, 20:24)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]You would have to check what the skin has allowed for. Sure you can add advancedsettings.xml elements for 100 extrafanart, but the skin may only be coded to use 10.

Thanks for that info Karellen. I didn't realize it was tied to the skin. Using Aeon Nox Silvo if you happen to know it's limits.
Looks like 20 fanart... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox...av.xml#L94

Also 20 posters... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox...v.xml#L146

I checked my install, and it scrolled through 14 fanart for Avengers Endgame. Check your Choose Art and see whether all the fanart have been loaded.
(2020-01-12, 21:53)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like 20 fanart... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox...av.xml#L94

Also 20 posters... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox...v.xml#L146

I checked my install, and it scrolled through 14 fanart for Avengers Endgame. Check your Choose Art and see whether all the fanart have been loaded.
Thanks Karellen,

I found that Artwork Beef was set to five. I was sure I moved it to 20 but I don't think I ever hit OK properly. So that solves that mystery. (Still getting used to Nvidia Shield's game controller)

So I disabled AB again after confirming it works for 20 extrafanarts. I restarted Kodi and when I refresh a show I don't get any extrafanarts. I know the advancedsettings.xml has to be working somewhat because it picks up the clearart. Is there anything you can see with my file that doesn't look right, or some other procedure to initiate a scan of the extrafanart?

To be clear, I have slots for all 20 extrafanarts if I go to the Choose Art dialog and can manually choose from there, but I was under the impression it should scan for them.
The advancedsettings.xml looks ok.

If I understand correctly, you have local extrafanart named fanart1... fanart20. Kodi will only scan these into the library when you scrape the movie or when you run a Refresh. Is this what you are doing?

If you are hoping that the scrapers will download 20 extrafanart, like it downloads posters and other artwork, then that won't happen. None of the scrapers download extrafanart.
(2020-01-13, 00:29)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]If I understand correctly, you have local extrafanart named fanart1... fanart20.

Kodi will only scan these into the library when you scrape the movie or when you run a Refresh. Is this what you are doing?

Yes and Yes. I even tried Remove from library and then Scan to library but had the same results. It picks up all artwork except the extrafanart.

I re-enabled AB and it works as expected. Maybe I should just leave it, but I don't really need any of its features other than to load my existing artwork. I was excited to see Kodi supporting it without an add-on, but maybe it just needs more time.

I appreciate your help.
It works fine on my setups. Obviously a glitch somewhere. If you want, provide a screenshot of one of your movie folders so I can see the contents and I might spot something.
Hope this isn't too much spam but I thought it would be better than a screenshot.

sh:
[/mnt/odroid/Anime/Beyond the Boundary (2013)] $ tree
├── banner.jpg
├── clearart.png
├── clearlogo.png
├── extrafanart
│   ├── fanart10.jpg
│   ├── fanart11.jpg
│   ├── fanart12.jpg
│   ├── fanart13.jpg
│   ├── fanart14.jpg
│   ├── fanart15.jpg
│   ├── fanart16.jpg
│   ├── fanart17.jpg
│   ├── fanart18.jpg
│   ├── fanart19.jpg
│   ├── fanart1.jpg
│   ├── fanart20.jpg
│   ├── fanart2.jpg
│   ├── fanart3.jpg
│   ├── fanart4.jpg
│   ├── fanart5.jpg
│   ├── fanart6.jpg
│   ├── fanart7.jpg
│   ├── fanart8.jpg
│   └── fanart9.jpg
├── fanart.jpg
├── folder.jpg
├── landscape.jpg
├── myart
│   ├── Kyoukai no Kanata - Banner.jpg
│   ├── Kyoukai no Kanata - Banner.xcf
│   ├── Kyoukai no Kanata - Clearart.xcf
│   ├── Kyoukai no Kanata - Landscape.jpg
│   ├── Kyoukai no Kanata - Landscape.xcf
│   ├── Kyoukai no Kanata - Logo.xcf
│   ├── Kyoukai no Kanata - Poster.xcf
│   ├── Kyoukai no Kanata - Render.png
│   ├── Kyoukai no Kanata - Render.xcf
│   ├── poster1.jpg
│   └── poster2.jpg
├── poster.jpg
├── season01-poster.jpg
├── Season 1
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E01 - Carmine.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E01 - Carmine.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E01 - Carmine.tbn
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E02 - Ultramarine.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E02 - Ultramarine.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E02 - Ultramarine.tbn
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E03 - Moonlight Purple.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E03 - Moonlight Purple.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E03 - Moonlight Purple.tbn
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E04 - Bitter Orange.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E04 - Bitter Orange.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E04 - Bitter Orange.tbn
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E05 - Chartreuse Light.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E05 - Chartreuse Light.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E05 - Chartreuse Light.tbn
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E06 - Shocking Pink.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E06 - Shocking Pink.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E06 - Shocking Pink.tbn
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E07 - Color of Clouds.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E07 - Color of Clouds.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E07 - Color of Clouds.tbn
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E08 - Calming Gold.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E08 - Calming Gold.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E08 - Calming Gold.tbn
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E09 - Silver Bamboo.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E09 - Silver Bamboo.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E09 - Silver Bamboo.tbn
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E10 - White World.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E10 - White World.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E10 - White World.tbn
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E11 - Black World.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E11 - Black World.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E11 - Black World.tbn
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E12 - Gray World.mkv
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E12 - Gray World.nfo
│   ├── Beyond the Boundary - S01E12 - Gray World.tbn
│   └── folder.jpg
└── tvshow.nfo
Ok, I see your mistake. Your extrafanart is in the "extrafanart" folder which is not used for this new method.

extrafanart is placed in the top level of the tvshow. Same place as Poster, clearart etc.

What is myart?

We don't use .tbn and haven't for quite a few versions.

Have a look over the tv show artwork page here and also the links to the other artwork pages... https://kodi.wiki/view/TV-Show_artwork
(2020-01-13, 02:50)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I see your mistake. Your extrafanart is in the "extrafanart" folder which is not used for this new method.

extrafanart is placed in the top level of the tvshow. Same place as Poster, clearart etc.

What is myart?

Have a look over the tv show artwork page here and also the links to the other artwork pages... https://kodi.wiki/view/TV-Show_artwork
Bingo!

I have looked over the wiki page many times and obviously missed that since I've been putting my extrafanart in its own folder for nearly a decade. I haven't had time to stay current with all the new updates and this one bit me.

myart is just that. I was an admin on Fanart.tv for years and was also a contributor. I keep everything together so it's close and everything gets backed up together as well. (xcf=gimp files)

.tbn seem to still work just fine AFAICT. I use that ext so I can filter out episode thumbs so they don't show up when browsing with my image browser. If they stop working in the future, I'll know why.

Seriously Thanks! I was ready to give up.
No problems. Smile

Ok, that is where I recognise the name from, apart from this forum. You still moderating at fanart.tv? Over the last couple months I've added a couple hundred images to music.
(2020-01-13, 03:32)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]No problems. Smile

Ok, that is where I recognise the name from, apart from this forum. You still moderating at fanart.tv? Over the last couple months I've added a couple hundred images to music.

Sadly no. My eyes have failed me so I'm not fit to moderate images anymore. I'm unable to maintain focus for any length of time. :\

I wish I could though. I miss it.
Oh, sorry to hear that. Sad
(2020-01-13, 02:50)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I see your mistake. Your extrafanart is in the "extrafanart" folder which is not used for this new method.

What is myart?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I believe this is my answer to my fanart issue.

I have the extrafanart folder with 10 fanarts that start with fanart0 as created by MC. I believe that because I have the extrafanart folder, advancedsettings ignores the folder and doesn't add it to the Db. Artwork Beef loads the fanart on the extrafanart folder into the Db and different skins are able to show the extrafanart.

I was only using Arctic Horizon to show extrafanart with the use of Rector's artwork helper which is no longer working and didnt need an advancedsettings file or artwork beef installed.
Pages: 1 2