Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video player show black screen but plays sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
log uploaded to: https://paste.kodi.tv/cetuzedoxi.kodi
My video player will not playback video.  Sound comes out ok but no video, or extremely studdering video.
I have reinstalled Kodi twice, to 18.4 and 18.4 releases and while profile folder.  But still not working.

Please help, this was working fine 2 weeks ago.
(2020-01-19, 05:39)edogd Wrote: [ -> ]log uploaded to: https://paste.kodi.tv/cetuzedoxi.kodi
My video player will not playback video.  Sound comes out ok but no video, or extremely studdering video.
I have reinstalled Kodi twice, to 18.4 and 18.4 releases and while profile folder.  But still not working.

Update:  I disabled "Allow Hardware Acceleration DXVA2" In the video settings and now I am able to watch video again.  I don't remember ever setting to toying with this setting.  Does this setting mean that my computer is not using any GPU hardware acceleration?  I have an intel i5-4590s cpu which has an HD Graphics 4600 gpu and the screen resolution is 3840 x 2160.  According to the LAV codec setup screen it's compatible with DXVA acceleration. 
Although my video is not showing.  The play back is not smooth.  Noticeable shuddering is visible regardless of which video scaling method I use.  I am mostly watching recorded, over the air broadcast TV.  So it's not super demanding video.

I'd greatly appreciate any help on how to improve the video performance.
(2020-01-19, 21:11)edogd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-19, 05:39)edogd Wrote: [ -> ]log uploaded to: https://paste.kodi.tv/cetuzedoxi.kodi

Update:  I disabled "Allow Hardware Acceleration DXVA2" In the video settings and now I am able to watch video again.  I don't remember ever setting to toying with this setting.  Does this setting mean that my computer is not using any GPU hardware acceleration?  I have an intel i5-4590s cpu which has an HD Graphics 4600 gpu and the screen resolution is 3840 x 2160.  According to the LAV codec setup screen it's compatible with DXVA acceleration. 
Although my video is not showing.  The play back is not smooth.  Noticeable shuddering is visible regardless of which video scaling method I use.  I am mostly watching recorded, over the air broadcast TV.  So it's not super demanding video.

I think if you type letter 'o' while video is playing a video it will show you if hardware decoding is active
(2020-01-20, 05:14)tekno Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-19, 21:11)edogd Wrote: [ -> ]

I think if you type letter 'o' while video is playing a video it will show you if hardware decoding is active 
When I disable the hardware acceleration then when I press 'o' is show that the decoder is SW and video plays.  With the acceleration enabled then 'o' shows the decoder as ff-mgpeg2video-d3d11va (HW) and no video shows.   Video playback with SW is not smooth in kodi, but in other apps like vlc and nextpvr the video playback is smooth.

Are there any settings I am missing?