Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Composite (A Plex client)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Okay, so, today I've setup Composite. And it's AMAZING! It works extremely well. Congrats!

Except one part sadly.. I can't reset the resume position and/or mark as watched. Nothing happen.
Although when I finish an episode/movie it properly mark it as watched, and track the progression perfectly well too. Is it a common issue or?..

I'm using 18.7 and Arctic Zephyr, brand new Kodi install on Android (Nvidia Shield Tube 2019), with only Composite, the skin, and theMovieDB helper.
(2020-08-07, 17:04)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@komplex Can you give 1.4.0~alpha2 a try and make sure it doesn't break your set up. Thanks in advance.

I've had issues with version 1.3.0 I just haven't had time to get around to making logs and testing. If Certificate Verification is enabled it will return nothing
If i disable it, it will return libraries

The log just has a load of ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK(51) errors. I get no images because of this too. I also can't play files direct they only play if i force transcode, I think maybe because of the SSL errors.

1.4.0~alpha2 doesn't work at all, no libraries returned and just more SSL errors in the log. The connection test results all show green though

I'll try get around to making an issue on github in the next few days with all the logs needed.
Nice work mate. Love the app.
(2020-08-07, 17:04)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not certain but before you didn't have to be signed into plex
it would detect your server on your local network
so if your ISP is down for maintenance you can still access your Media
the Plex add-on and the web interface work's like this
https://ibb.co/5MtXThs
@CorentinB 
You have to use the top 'Mark as (Un)Watched', the one at the bottom and reset are Kodi functions that can't be overwritten or removed when there is a custom implementation.
If you don't see those, I would check with Estuary. Otherwise I will need some more information on your use case--is it directly in the add-on, from a widget, etc.

@komplex
Thanks for testing. The SSL Certificate Verification has been moved to the 'Manage Servers' section so it is per server, doesn't make sense to make all servers less secure for the sake of another.
For the servers with SSL issues, change 'Manage Servers' - <server name> - 'Certificate Verification' from green to orange for those servers. You may have to clear caches after adjusting the servers.
Will need logs to be sure on any remaining issues.

@tidder1986 
Do you know which version this broke in? I wasn't aware of the function, so it wasn't something I looked out for.

I've also updated post #2 and the release for 1.4.0~alpha3
Code:
~alpha3
[add] Composite Playlist to main menu, create a playlist based the information you provide

(2020-08-07, 17:04)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]It's not available from the official repository yet, but the latest versions of plugin.video.themoviedb.helper have a Composite player file, and allows you to browse by trakt lists.
You can find it: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/repository.jurialmunkey

Thanks for this suggestion! Its awesome being able to have a single Trakt list of my next episodes to watch, and then the MovieDB Helper addon searches my plex shares and finds and lists any available files to play. The only thing it is missing is when the list of files shows up to play, it doesnt tell you which server it is from. And it also searches for any title with that keyword in it, so you end up with all sorts of random epsiodes from other shows in the list
'Movies On Deck' doesn't seem to pull info from the plex desktop site, if I have a Movie partially watched & mark it as unwatched on the Plex website I would expect it to reflect this in Composite. The individual On Deck sections work this way but the On Deck combined section seems to have a caching issue. Mark as Unplayed in Composite fixes this but it should really work the same as the other sections. Looks like a bit of a bug somewhere.
(2020-08-10, 23:41)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@CorentinB 
You have to use the top 'Mark as (Un)Watched', the one at the bottom and reset are Kodi functions that can't be overwritten or removed when there is a custom implementation.
If you don't see those, I would check with Estuary. Otherwise I will need some more information on your use case--is it directly in the add-on, from a widget, etc.
Thanks for the answer. Yes that's the button I am using, and it does nothing. It's via a widget on Arctic Horizon. (the "All Servers: Movies / TV shows On Deck" widgets, doesn't work with the 2)
(2020-08-11, 18:34)CorentinB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-10, 23:41)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@CorentinB 
Thanks for the answer. Yes that's the button I am using, and it does nothing. It's via a widget on Arctic Horizon. (the "All Servers: Movies / TV shows On Deck" widgets, doesn't work with the 2)
Just to add more precision, it's really when I use the widgets, I tried another theme and it's the same. When I go in the extension directly though, I can mark as watched etc and it's directly updated.
Hi! I'm exited to try this addon. 
It finds my Plex servers immediately and I can play from them.
However, no watched status is synced. All my shows and movies are unwatched. 
Do I need to perform some manual action to update this? 
If I watch a show from Composite itself it is being marked as watched, but everything I' ve watched before using Composite is marked as unwatched.
@ryadre and @FXB78 
I'll look into resolving these for 1.4.0

@CorentinB 
Not 100% but pretty sure I'll have to add a context menu extension point, so Composite's context menu is available. I opened an issue for it, https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/186

@freakshock 
How are you using the add-on?, If you're using the library feature it has no watched status syncing, it's very limited.
@freakshock - I'm finding the same too!

@anxdpanic  - Don't understand what you are saying about add-on usage.  Can you explain further please?

TIA
Hi all,

Sorry for this noob question but I'm new to Composite.

I want to set it up so it always transcodes when the bit rate is greater than a value.  eg: Transcode if bit rate > 12Mbps.

But I cannot see how this is done, so any help appreciated.

Also, if I do have differenct Transcode Profiles, how do you pick them?

Using Kodi 18.8.

TIA
(2020-08-10, 23:41)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@tidder1986 
Do you know which version this broke in? I wasn't aware of the function, so it wasn't something I looked out for.

Code:
~alpha3
[add] Composite Playlist to main menu, create a playlist based the information you provide

I've rolled back to plugin.video.composite_for_plex-1.x.x-dev.zip and it works fine on that as long as you set IP and port of your server
(2020-08-10, 23:41)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@tidder1986 

Code:
~alpha3

I've rolled back to plugin.video.composite_for_plex-1.x.x-dev.zip and it works fine on that as long as you set IP and port of your server

One thing I notice the path on the media was using http when logged in to plex and was using https when it wasn't

And with the plugin.video.composite_for_plex-1.x.x-dev.zip version it's using http
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27