Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Composite (A Plex client)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(2021-05-30, 18:58)dseto Wrote: [ -> ]Couple of questions,

Is it possible to modify config file \ script to disable blurred background when searching library?  I like the dark sleek theme we are using , but sometimes it is hard to notice which movie the cursor is on when navigating with Harmony remote, it blends too much with the blurred coverart. I know this is not a general request to change the addon for everyone, but would like to be able to manually do it my self, if i can learn which file and line needs to be adjusted.

Is there a way to config the app to still run if there is no LAN connection? i.e the router or internet is out. the HTPC has the local files and also runs plex server and runs Kodi with composite to open external player (MPC-HC)
Blurring sounds like a skin setting, which skin are you using? Do you see this blurring effect with the Estuary skin?
(2021-05-30, 20:01)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-30, 18:58)dseto Wrote: [ -> ]Couple of questions,

Is it possible to modify config file \ script to disable blurred background when searching library?  I like the dark sleek theme we are using , but sometimes it is hard to notice which movie the cursor is on when navigating with Harmony remote, it blends too much with the blurred coverart. I know this is not a general request to change the addon for everyone, but would like to be able to manually do it my self, if i can learn which file and line needs to be adjusted.

Is there a way to config the app to still run if there is no LAN connection? i.e the router or internet is out. the HTPC has the local files and also runs plex server and runs Kodi with composite to open external player (MPC-HC)
Blurring sounds like a skin setting, which skin are you using? Do you see this blurring effect with the Estuary skin?
It is the Esturay skin, it is my error, after checking the skin configuration I had use fan art as background checked. not sure why i was thinking it was the composite app.  Thanks for the support!!, now down to one topic.
I have to login to plex server every time open kodi. How to fix it? I'm using Kodi 19.1
I get an error when hitting add to library sections from the configuration menu?

When entering the provided urls for Movies and TV Shows to add into Media.. not all files are being scanned to local library?

Can some one support please?

Thanks.
(2021-06-30, 18:55)Rijs43 Wrote: [ -> ]I get an error when hitting add to library sections from the configuration menu?

When entering the provided urls for Movies and TV Shows to add into Media.. not all files are being scanned to local library?

Thanks.
I couldn't even get it to scan any files in on Matrix.
(2021-06-30, 19:01)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-30, 18:55)Rijs43 Wrote: [ -> ]I get an error when hitting add to library sections from the configuration menu?

Thanks.

Did you add in the url in media settings? From the addon settings this does not work!

I am now on Leia and seems to scan all files.. fingers crossed
(2021-06-30, 19:55)Rijs43 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-30, 19:01)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.

Did you add in the url in media settings? From the addon settings this does not work!

Can't remember what I did, but I couldn't get it to work. The addon has a few bugs in Matrix, I assume this is just one of them which needs tweaking.
(2021-06-30, 20:19)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-30, 19:55)Rijs43 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-30, 19:01)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't even get it to scan any files in on Matrix.

Can't remember what I did, but I couldn't get it to work. The addon has a few bugs in Matrix, I assume this is just one of them which needs tweaking.

Happened again same.. only 10% was added to local library.. not sure why! Very strange to see it in official kodi repo but no support at all.

Edit: after restarting Kodi it showed all my movies and seems to scanned everything to local library. Now going to see for TV Shows and than test if everything plays well.
Is there a way to be able to set the default language and subtitle track for different show/seasons? I would love this feature. It gets annoying constantly changing the audio track and turning the subtitles on depending on the show.
(2021-07-16, 04:06)Fma15 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to be able to set the default language and subtitle track for different show/seasons? I would love this feature. It gets annoying constantly changing the audio track and turning the subtitles on depending on the show.

I'm not sure that this will completely meet your requirements but have you looked into System/Player/Language settings? I'm using / instead of enter. I'm pretty sure this would help.
(2021-07-17, 10:28)sonofdibnah Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure that this will completely meet your requirements but have you looked into System/Player/Language settings? I'm using / instead of enter. I'm pretty sure this would help.

Unless I'm missing something I don't think that'll work for me. My main language is English, so I want most shows to be on English. If I watch an anime though, I want the language to be Japanese with English subtitles.

I can fix this in the plex app using pastatool.com, but Kodi doesn't seem to listen to it.

--edit--

I found a way to do what I want. It would be more convenient to do it within Kodi itself, but I won't be greedy. If anyone else wants to do this download JMkvpropedit. Edit every audio and or subtitle track and turn the default to off and only leave the track your want as on.
Is this addon still maintained? I don't get TV shows working in Local library on Kodi Matrix. For Leia the available url is working through Media settings but does not do anything in Matrix.
(2021-07-20, 00:43)Rijs43 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this addon still maintained? I don't get TV shows working in Local library on Kodi Matrix. For Leia the available url is working through Media settings but does not do anything in Matrix.
There is also an issue where using Composite content for Widgets causes a soft reset of Kodi, which effectively means you can't use it with Widgets. I can see that the author has been adding some commits to github but they just seem to be foreign translations rather than fixes. He's also not posted on the forums since February so it seems any fixes probably won't be made any time soon. Such a shame as when the addon is working it's perfect for Plex content. I did try PKC but that was also very buggy when used with Matrix, and the official Plex addon has been really clunky to use for as long as I can remember!
(2021-08-05, 19:00)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-20, 00:43)Rijs43 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this addon still maintained? I don't get TV shows working in Local library on Kodi Matrix. For Leia the available url is working through Media settings but does not do anything in Matrix.
There is also an issue where using Composite content for Widgets causes a soft reset of Kodi, which effectively means you can't use it with Widgets. I can see that the author has been adding some commits to github but they just seem to be foreign translations rather than fixes. He's also not posted on the forums since February so it seems any fixes probably won't be made any time soon. Such a shame as when the addon is working it's perfect for Plex content. I did try PKC but that was also very buggy when used with Matrix, and the official Plex addon has been really clunky to use for as long as I can remember!

Yeah I have now media importer Plex on LibreElec and works really great. Much faster than PKC so no need for composite.
This post is about music playback. I'm posting here because all of the Composite posts appear to be here.

If I view and play my plex based music using Composite, track numbers are duplicated e.g. 01.01 Copperhead Road. The same track played thro kodi file manager displays correctly (01. Copperhead Road}. It's not skin or kodi version related, so I have to think it is something that Composite's doing. Can this behaviour be changed?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27