Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: looking for advice for media management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a long time user, had been using KODI for many years, and the HTPC crash recently, and now i am having a problem to manager and re-scrap all movies and tvshow again (about thousands of movies).

I have a synology nas used to store the movies.
I have a HTPC (rather low end pc for playback only).
I have another faster PC.

i am thinking that this time i want to setup mysql in the NAS server, and using one of the media management tools (aka MediaElch, Media Companion etc) to do scrapping from the fast PC.

can you recommend a media management tools that can suite my need?
1. scrap and store nfo artwork etc inside movie individual folder.
2. upload movie information to mysql.
3. so that when i open KODI it read the mysql database directly.

both HTPC and fast PC have the movie folder mounted at same local location. so it will look in same drive letter same path for the movie files (i am using windows 10).

i had tried Ember, it get scrap correctly in the fast PC, but it did not upload to Kodi although i have enabled KODI web access and i confirm it is connected, so KODI did not show the movie that had been scrap by Ember.

thank you.
There are currently 2-3 TV shows (no movies that I know of) that have too many poster URLs to fit in Kodi's MySQL database (and perhaps also in SQLite) for which you will need a database field type fix. See here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15768

Kodi changed from TVDB to TMDB for its tv shows with the Krypton version due to too many obstacles. Not all tv shows are covered by TMDB, so some of them might still need TVDB. So it's a case of YMMV... "Your mileage may vary".

Once you have Kodi scraped your media collection, you can do a "Video Library Export", and have separate .nfo files next to your videos. Kodi's nfo files have no drive/path references that I know of, so that shouldn't be a problem.