Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stuck on Getting MediaInfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I moved TMM to my local SSD to scan across the network to the NAS I have the videos on.  Now it never finishes "Getting Media Info".  Why would this be occuring?

Thanks!
(2020-01-24, 15:42)jglazer63 Wrote: [ -> ]I moved TMM to my local SSD to scan across the network to the NAS I have the videos on.  Now it never finishes "Getting Media Info".  Why would this be occuring?

Thanks!
I think the way TMM gets the mediainfo is by downloading the file, and then using the local copy to identify the details. So scanning your NAS will download your complete selection.

Better to use some X-Server foo and run TMM locally on your NAS if you can.
libmediainfo is an external lib (not java) so we're having issues on bug hunting with that..
are you sure it hangs or is just the progressbar not closed?

@triptolemeus libmediainfo seeks the files on every "seekable" file system, so there is no need to copy it over to the computer where tmm runs.
(2020-01-25, 08:45)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]libmediainfo is an external lib (not java) so we're having issues on bug hunting with that..
are you sure it hangs or is just the progressbar not closed?

@triptolemeus libmediainfo seeks the files on every "seekable" file system, so there is no need to copy it over to the computer where tmm runs.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to dig back into this.  "Loading Mediainfo" has been running on my movies now for about 10 minutes.  It appears to be about 15% done.  It is progressing very very slowly.  Any other ideas?
just as I have explained on _your_ other thread - you need to have a good connection to your media to achieve a good speed for libmediainfo.

Nothing else can be done from our side
(2020-02-20, 16:41)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]just as I have explained on _your_ other thread - you need to have a good connection to your media to achieve a good speed for libmediainfo.

Nothing else can be done from our side

I have an outstanding connection to my media.  Any other ideas?