Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add-on to sync watched status across kodi devices in your home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you have more than one Kodi device in your home?

I'm gauging if there is interest in an add-on to simplify and automate syncing of watched status between multiple Kodi devices in the home. It would work with devices that  either use the local library or MySQL library database.

This would allow you to know what TV episodes you've watched across all your devices or begin watching something in one room, stop, and then carry on watching from where you left off in a different room - all on the home screen. Imagine for example, starting to watch a move in the lounge then finish watching on the the bedroom TV.

A nominal paid subscription would be needed to run this service.

I'd appreciate if you can let me know through the poll. Thanks in advance!
Thank you to all those that voted

A proof of concept is nearly ready for testing and I'm looking for testers. More info can found at https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=358519
The Trakt addon can already be effectively used for this....no subscription needed...not saying yours has no merit, but just pointing out there's other solutions.

Personally I use MySQL (and Trakt) - very effective.
(2020-11-19, 07:37)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]The Trakt addon can already be effectively used for this....no subscription needed...not saying yours has no merit, but just pointing out there's other solutions.

Personally I use MySQL (and Trakt) - very effective.
I haven't tried the Trakt add-on so thanks for pointing that out. Does it copy over resume points across devices as well, so you can carry on watching mid-episode?
Well because I use MySQL this happens for me another way, so I don't actually know the answer to that (although I _think_ it does, i.e. store progress points).