Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Toggle for Leia 18.5 standard skin Estuary - "no OSD in Video Playback when paused"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
we often look Films with foreign audio tracks and foreign subtitles. In order to learn the language, we pause the playback often, in order to read the subtitles, look up a word and so on.
But that does not work very good, because the OSD lays over the subtitles. I didn't find an option to alter that behaviour in Estuary.

It is there in Estuary MOD, i tried that. But I would prefer using Estuary, It's "lighter".

Is this already a feature request? do I have to do addtional steps to make one?

Thank you,
Stefan
I use a keyboard for my remote control on Windows 10

I added the following to my keyboard.xml within the <global> <keyboard> section
xml:
<a mod="alt">xbmc.playercontrol(frameadvance(1))</a>

This is frame advance. When you pause, press ctrl-a the osd will disappear, and the movie will advance one frame. In most cases the frame advance won't be a problem unless you happened to pause on the last frame before the subtitles disappear.
(2020-01-30, 23:36)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I use a keyboard for my remote control on Windows 10

I added the following to my keyboard.xml within the <global> <keyboard> section
xml:
<a mod="alt">xbmc.playercontrol(frameadvance(1))</a>

This is frame advance. When you pause, press ctrl-a the osd will disappear, and the movie will advance one frame. In most cases the frame advance won't be a problem unless you happened to pause on the last frame before the subtitles disappear.
Thank you. Our Situation is as follows - 4k tv, and a rpi4 with kodi. we use the tv remote via hdmi-cec for kodi. So it would be great if there was that option that we could simply switch with the tv remote.
in the meantime, I will try to switch the skin to Estuary MOD, although that is not my preferred skin.
Quote:Is this already a feature request?
I made this one https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310009
this could be a simple fix
DialogSeekBar.xml

xml:
<control type="group">
            <visible>!Player.HasGame</visible>
            <bottom>0</bottom>
            <height>190</height>
            <control type="image">
                <left>-40</left>
                <width>120%</width>
                <height>200</height>
                <texture flipy="true">frame/osdfade.png</texture>
            </control>

changing <bottom>0</bottom>

this is set to 200  

this is set to 400  
Thank you! I'll try the different variants.
I also found this link, which is very useful for beginner, because I didn't know how to alter the read-only files in libreelec.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/13677-...-controls/

Best Regards,
Stefan