Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] XBMC for Linux port to ARM architecture CPU and SoC chips?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Hannes The Hun Wrote:congrats, guys! but only 3 votes, what kind of jury was that?! Big Grin

Phase-I of early adopters, I kindof expected linux ports and lower level stuff to be prioritized Smile

I think Phase-II might be more random projects, perhaps a few more media projects.
topfs2 Wrote:Phase-I of early adopters, I kindof expected linux ports and lower level stuff to be prioritized Smile

I think Phase-II might be more random projects, perhaps a few more media projects.

Any ideas what OS you are getting ? Ubuntu ?
The panda crew have focused on Android and Ubuntu. So works out great for us Smile
topfs2 Wrote:The panda crew have focused on Android and Ubuntu. So works out great for us Smile

Looking forward too it !!! When do you expect to receive it ?
Hi Guys,
our company is developing some products based around Ziilabs ZMS-08:
http://www.ziilabs.com/products/processors/zms08.aspx

Would you be interested in working on our platform if I send you one free board in around 1 month?
could be interesting... AFAIK Zii is the Creative-owned lab that is developing the foundation for the future ZEN players. to have an XBMC port ready for these interesting iPod-contenders, I'd say give it a go as long as it's android-based Wink
00christian00 Wrote:Hi Guys,
our company is developing some products based around Ziilabs ZMS-08:
http://www.ziilabs.com/products/processors/zms08.aspx

Would you be interested in working on our platform if I send you one free board in around 1 month?

If you want an XBMC Developer I'd suggest contacting via interest at xbmc dot org (taken from http://xbmc.org/about/contact/).

Then we can see if we can find developers suiting your needs and such.

Might be interesting platform for sure, moving xbmc to android is also a thing that would be interesting although lots of work required probably.
Hi, McGeagh,

1. I had ckecked out the soure for arm from:
svn co http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/...elot/trunk
But I found that most of resource package missed. for example:

dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libvorbis-dev_1.2.0.dfsg-3.1_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libvorbisfile3_1.2.0.dfsg-3.1_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libvorbis0a_1.2.0.dfsg-3.1_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libmysqlclient15-dev_5.0.51a-24+lenny1_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libaudiofile0_0.2.6-7_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libpulse-dev_0.9.10-3+lenny1_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libpulse0_0.9.10-3+lenny1_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libmikmod2_3.1.11-a-6_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libjasper-dev_1.900.1-5.1_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libcurl4-gnutls-dev_7.18.2-8lenny3_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libcurl3-gnutls_7.18.2-8lenny3_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libkrb53_1.6.dfsg.4~beta1-5lenny1_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libtiff4_3.8.2-11_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `python2.5-dev_2.5.2-15_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `python2.5_2.5.2-15_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libsmbclient-dev_3.2.5-4lenny7_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libsmbclient_3.2.5-4lenny7_armel.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `libwbclient0_3.2.5-4lenny7_armel.deb': No such file or directory.

Where can I get the latest code for arm? Thanks!
BTW, svn co https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...bmc_on_arm
dosn't work now.
Thats all old shit atm.
The ARM branch is actually already been merged into trunk!
Alternative branches that hold arm-related code are:
gsoc-2010-beagleboard
arm-tegra2
and of course the old arm-camelot should work fine still. the error your getting is simply debian.org updating their links to the packages to install. the arm script is simple and just iterates through a (now old) list of url links. ammend those links to working ones and away you go!

Thanks!
Yesterday, after a week work, I was able to build and start XBMC on Telechips 8900 development platform it runs stable and smooth on 35 fps with default skin. I was using gsoc-2010-beagleboard branch from open embedded, modifying some of the configs and patches and adding Mali 200 drivers in build process. Board is with 720 MHz arm1176jzf-s 256 MB DDR2 on 333 MHz and 4GB NAND. I have almost entirely bypassed SDL, because Mali drivers don't support X11, and native gl display is framebuffer.
phusho Wrote:Yesterday, after a week work, I was able to build and start XBMC on Telechips 8900 development platform it runs stable and smooth on 35 fps with default skin. I was using gsoc-2010-beagleboard branch from open embedded, modifying some of the configs and patches and adding Mali 200 drivers in build process. Board is with 720 MHz arm1176jzf-s 256 MB DDR2 on 333 MHz and 4GB NAND. I have almost entirely bypassed SDL, because Mali drivers don't support X11, and native gl display is framebuffer.

Cool, I dont know if its possible but if you ever need a guinea pig to test with on another Telechips 8900 device I have a HDX-Bone spare to mess with.

The person wigout on this forum has a lot of experience hacking the HDX-Bone including its firmware, he might be able to help.
phusho Wrote:Yesterday, after a week work, I was able to build and start XBMC on Telechips 8900 development platform it runs stable and smooth on 35 fps with default skin. I was using gsoc-2010-beagleboard branch from open embedded, modifying some of the configs and patches and adding Mali 200 drivers in build process. Board is with 720 MHz arm1176jzf-s 256 MB DDR2 on 333 MHz and 4GB NAND. I have almost entirely bypassed SDL, because Mali drivers don't support X11, and native gl display is framebuffer.

Ooooo, those patches that bypass SDL/X11 would be very nice to see.

I'm interested in testing this with the HDX Bone, another 8900 telechips device. PM or reply if you can share your work,

wigout
wigout, I saw that you already did some work with the bone

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=555041

is there already any access to the firmware? i.e. is it possible to flash and run let's say a custom android ROM or have the "Voir" OS boot anything other than the stock player application?
It is possible to run other applications than the stock player.

It is also possible, I believe though it is untested, to trick the player into loading roms other than the encrypted ones in the firmware. That's not a very transparent procedure, so I'm really just guessing. I'd go into more details, but it would likely bore someone to tears.

Here's a page with some of my findings (a bit out of date as the process for telnetd access has changed with the move from android 1.6 to android 2.1):
http://minimodding.com/tiki-index.php?page=HDX+Bone

The *easier* route is to hijack the existing kernel/rootfilesystem, which is very possible.

-wigout
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48