Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Simple now supports Catchup and Timeshifted Catchup in Kodi Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(2020-11-17, 01:01)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, it’s cause there was an inputstream API change a few days ago. Please try a nightly build of kodi to resolve this.

Tried on last nightly (KodiSetup-20201116-645b4872-master-x64) - still getting same error.
(2020-11-17, 11:21)shmikis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-17, 01:01)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, it’s cause there was an inputstream API change a few days ago. Please try a nightly build of kodi to resolve this.

Tried on last nightly (KodiSetup-20201116-645b4872-master-x64) - still getting same error.

Can you post a full debug log please?
(2020-11-17, 19:39)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-17, 11:21)shmikis Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you post a full debug log please?
How can I send it? (don't want to post publicly - looks like a lot of cleaning needed)
You can PM me a link if you like.
@shmikis 

Can you detail, step by step exactly how you reproduce this? It might be easier to figure this out that way rather than via a log. A copy of your settings.xml from iptvsimple would help too. There should not be anything secret in that file. It's located here: userdata/addon_data/pvr.iptvsimple/settings.xml.
(2020-11-17, 23:54)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]You can PM me a link if you like.
I do not see PM option - probably my account has to be validated?
(2020-11-18, 12:23)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]@shmikis 

Can you detail, step by step exactly how you reproduce this? It might be easier to figure this out that way rather than via a log. A copy of your settings.xml from iptvsimple would help too. There should not be anything secret in that file. It's located here: userdata/addon_data/pvr.iptvsimple/settings.xml.

Step by step:
1. Installing fresh copy of Kodi nightly
2. Enabling pvr iptv simple addon
3. Enabling local playlist file (hls links)
4. Enabling local EPG file
5. Enabling catchup.

that's it. No other changes from default installation. Tested same procedure on two platforms (Win10 64 and ATV) using three different iptv providers. Always getting the same error.

settings.xml:
<settings version="2">
    <setting id="m3uPathType">0</setting>
    <setting id="m3uPath">C:\Users\[USERNAME]\[PATH]\[PLAYLIST].m3u</setting>
    <setting id="m3uUrl" default="true" />
    <setting id="m3uCache" default="true">true</setting>
    <setting id="startNum" default="true">1</setting>
    <setting id="numberByOrder" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="m3uRefreshMode" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="m3uRefreshIntervalMins" default="true">60</setting>
    <setting id="m3uRefreshHour" default="true">4</setting>
    <setting id="epgPathType">0</setting>
    <setting id="epgPath">C:\Users\[USERNAME]\[PATH]\[EPG].xml.gz</setting>
    <setting id="epgUrl" default="true" />
    <setting id="epgCache" default="true">true</setting>
    <setting id="epgTimeShift" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="epgTSOverride" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="useEpgGenreText" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="genresPathType" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="genresPath" default="true">special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.iptvsimple/genres/genreTextMappings/genres.xml</setting>
    <setting id="genresUrl" default="true" />
    <setting id="logoPathType" default="true">1</setting>
    <setting id="logoPath" default="true" />
    <setting id="logoBaseUrl" default="true" />
    <setting id="logoFromEpg" default="true">1</setting>
    <setting id="timeshiftEnabled" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="timeshiftEnabledAll" default="true">true</setting>
    <setting id="timeshiftEnabledHttp" default="true">true</setting>
    <setting id="timeshiftEnabledUdp" default="true">true</setting>
    <setting id="timeshiftEnabledCustom" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="catchupEnabled">true</setting>
    <setting id="catchupQueryFormat" default="true" />
    <setting id="catchupDays" default="true">5</setting>
    <setting id="allChannelsCatchupMode" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="catchupPlayEpgAsLive" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="catchupWatchEpgBeginBufferMins" default="true">5</setting>
    <setting id="catchupWatchEpgEndBufferMins" default="true">15</setting>
    <setting id="catchupOnlyOnFinishedProgrammes" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="transformMulticastStreamUrls" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="udpxyHost" default="true">127.0.0.1</setting>
    <setting id="udpxyPort" default="true">4022</setting>
    <setting id="useFFmpegReconnect" default="true">true</setting>
    <setting id="useInputstreamAdaptiveforHls" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="defaultUserAgent" default="true" />
    <setting id="defaultInputstream" default="true" />
    <setting id="defaultMimeType" default="true" />
</settings>
(2020-11-18, 12:25)shmikis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-17, 23:54)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]You can PM me a link if you like.
I do not see PM option - probably my account has to be validated?

Correct, your account is still a newbie so doesn't have PM privs yet.

In this exceptional circumstance , I'll enable them for you.
@shmikis there are a few types of catchup stream.
  1. Basic catchup streams: a stream will start playing from a point in time, these usually use some kind of catchup ID to signify which show or time you would like to play. It acts like a live stream, and you can't seek.
  2. VOD: similar to the above but the stream is essentially a prerecorded video so you can seek to any point using kodi's native seeking.
  3. Timeshifting Catchup: this is where the URL is made up of components of time (start, end, timestamp etc) and will allow you to seek via changing URL parameters. This uses a custom inputstream and is what ffmpegdirect was initially implemented for.
For everything else by default, the add-on will try to use ffmpegdirect in timeshift mode as normal live streams do not allow any form of timeshifting. But you can turn off this default timeshifting in settings if it doesn't work for you.

I think you have streams that are type 3) from your log. Can you confirm that with ffmpedirect enabled you have seek controls (and can seek) and with it disabled you don't have the controls so can't seek for your streams?
(2020-11-19, 10:18)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]@shmikis there are a few types of catchup stream.
  1. Basic catchup streams: a stream will start playing from a point in time, these usually use some kind of catchup ID to signify which show or time you would like to play. It acts like a live stream, and you can't seek.
  2. VOD: similar to the above but the stream is essentially a prerecorded video so you can seek to any point using kodi's native seeking.
  3. Timeshifting Catchup: this is where the URL is made up of components of time (start, end, timestamp etc) and will allow you to seek via changing URL parameters. This uses a custom inputstream and is what ffmpegdirect was initially implemented for.
For everything else by default, the add-on will try to use ffmpegdirect in timeshift mode as normal live streams do not allow any form of timeshifting. But you can turn off this default timeshifting in settings if it doesn't work for you.

I think you have streams that are type 3) from your log. Can you confirm that with ffmpedirect enabled you have seek controls (and can seek) and with it disabled you don't have the controls so can't seek for your streams?

Hi, thanks for update.

I'm using different type of playlists, but not sure to which of 3 types it corresponds (some providers allows to choose from 10+ types of playlists for they service, so theres some freedom in choosing one). I've send you examples of two playlists - first one is probably type 3 (seeking doesn't work) but second one is where both archives and seeking works without inputstream.ffmpegdirect addon enabled. I'm perfectly happy with this last playlist because everything works, just Kodi throws this error every time about addon not installed.

shmikis
Hi.
I have a little problem
namely, there is no information in the pvr player on one of the "GT MINI A" boxes

X96 MAX PLUS ANDROID ATV

CPU: Amlogic S905X3 64-bit Quad-Core ARM® Cortex™ A55.
GPU: G31™ MP2.
Android 9.0 OS.
RAM/ROM: 4GB, 64GB.
Support HD: 8K@24fps, 4K @60fps, UHD, HDR+.
2.4G+5.8GHz Dual Wifi, BT4

Beelink GT MINI A ANDROID ATV

CPU – Amlogic S905X2 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor
GPU – quad-core Arm Mali-G31MP2
Memory – 4GB DDR4 RAM
Storage – 32GB, or 64GB eMMC flash, Micro SD slot
Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @60 Hz with HDCP, 3D support, 3.5mm AV jack for composite video (480i/576i) and stereo audio
Video Playback – 10-bit H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K @ 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K @ 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K @ 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port

Beelink GT MINI A ANDROID ATV

https://i.ibb.co/ZGWgcMy/beelink1.png
https://i.ibb.co/c1bTNtY/beelink2.png

X96 MAX PLUS ANDROID ATV

https://i.ibb.co/87rCH5V/x96-max-plus.png

Identical settings, list, epg, Kodi beta 1x32
it was the same on the Alpha 3 x32

epg information is everywhere except the player in gt mini a
@shmikis for the two sample M3U entries you sent me they are both timeshifted catchup streams. So in order for you to disable the warnings you just need to add this kodi prop before each M3U entry:

Code:
#KODIPROP:inputstreamclass=inputstream.ffmpeg

This tells kodi to use it's internal ffmpeg inputstream instead of ffmpegdirect.
@Atamans the GT Mini A's are identical? By info do you mean EPG data?

If you run both in debug mode do they both retrieve the same data? Any other differences?
Everything is the same
if I turn off Archive in gt mini and the data is displayed correctly
the problem only occurs with the Archive enabled
(2020-11-20, 15:42)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]@shmikis for the two sample M3U entries you sent me they are both timeshifted catchup streams. So in order for you to disable the warnings you just need to add this kodi prop before each M3U entry:

Code:
#KODIPROP:inputstreamclass=inputstream.ffmpeg

This tells kodi to use it's internal ffmpeg inputstream instead of ffmpegdirect.

It works! Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34