Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MCE Remote Problems, Please Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the MCE ver 2 remote. It has works perfectly with XBMC on my laptop running Ubuntu. On my desktop I set things up the same way with the same remote and receiver and XBMC registers double key presses more often then not. I change the gap in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf. Running "irw" from the terminal shows that key presses are only being registered once. However, in XBMC the problem still persists.

Is there a way to debounce or change the gap, or repeat settings in XBMC instead of LIRC? Any and all help is appreciated. This problem is not helping the GAF (girlfriend acceptance factor) of XBMC.
Does this happen only in XBMC or in Ubuntu in general? If, the latter you'll probably have more luck in the ubuntu forums as they have a larger user base. Otherwise, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 .
In Ubuntu it works fine, irw shows just one code for each buttonpress. It's just XBMC. My girlfriend is watching a show on it right now, but I will post back later today.