Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First thing, awesome program. Thank you.

I would like to request a feature for a future release.  A wildcard exclusion for folder names.  Such as if folder is named "Other" no matter where it resides, it will not be included while scraping.  

I use Plex with my absolutely enormous movie library.  I keep all the extra video files that come with blurays/dvds in a folder labeled "Other" to allow Plex to see them, but not count them as a main movie.

TMM can not tell the difference in the current version from what research I have done.
My library is way too big to go through and add a .tmmignore file to each "Other" folder, unless someone has a program that can do this automatically of course?

Hence a request to expand the exclude function.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HARD WORK!
You can definitely run a command on a linux based NAS or similar to find all dirs named Other, and put a tmmignore file inside if it doesn't exist.

I would be certain you can do the same in powershell on windows.
(2020-02-05, 20:46)o1dscratch Wrote: [ -> ]First thing, awesome program. Thank you.

I would like to request a feature for a future release.  A wildcard exclusion for folder names.  Such as if folder is named "Other" no matter where it resides, it will not be included while scraping.  

I use Plex with my absolutely enormous movie library.  I keep all the extra video files that come with blurays/dvds in a folder labeled "Other" to allow Plex to see them, but not count them as a main movie.

TMM can not tell the difference in the current version from what research I have done.
My library is way too big to go through and add a .tmmignore file to each "Other" folder, unless someone has a program that can do this automatically of course?

This will do it in windows powershell 3

javascript:

$wantToWriteFiles = 0; ## change to 1 to write the files out
$dirNameToStartIn = 'C:\Users\Dave\Test'
$DirNameToMatch = 'Extras'
$FileToWrite = '.tmmignore'

$filesArray = Get-ChildItem -Path ${dirNameToStartIn} -recurse | 
    where {$_.psiscontainer -AND $_.name -match ${DirNameToMatch}} | 
        select -expand fullname

$m = $filesArray |measure
$num = $m.Count
Write-Host "There are ${num} Folders that match ${DirNameToMatch}"

Foreach ($dir in $filesArray){
    Write-Host "one such folder is ${dir}"
    If ($wantToWriteFiles){
        New-Item -Force -Path "${dir}\${FileToWrite}" -ItemType File
    }
}

(2020-02-05, 21:39)wcndave Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-05, 20:46)o1dscratch Wrote: [ -> ]First thing, awesome program. Thank you.

This will do it in windows powershell 3

javascript:

$wantToWriteFiles = 0; ## change to 1 to write the files out
$dirNameToStartIn = 'C:\Users\Dave\Test'
$DirNameToMatch = 'Extras'
$FileToWrite = '.tmmignore'

$filesArray = Get-ChildItem -Path ${dirNameToStartIn} -recurse | 
    where {$_.psiscontainer -AND $_.name -match ${DirNameToMatch}} | 
        select -expand fullname

$m = $filesArray |measure
$num = $m.Count
Write-Host "There are ${num} Folders that match ${DirNameToMatch}"

Foreach ($dir in $filesArray){
    Write-Host "one such folder is ${dir}"
    If ($wantToWriteFiles){
        New-Item -Force -Path "${dir}\${FileToWrite}" -ItemType File
    }
}

Wow thanks!  I have never used powershell before. Will have to give it a go later.