Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC... really slow now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI, i know that XMBC is under a huge development this days.. but even if it compiles successfull i found that it is became really slow when i try for example, to change from "home page" to video or music or all others pages..

i hope it will be fixed soon
could you please include less details. i'm drowning in information here
To help you dwindle this down to just the important facts, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 is worth a read.
xbmc is compiled,

with that options:

./configure --enable-halmount --enable-profiling --disable-debug

the end of comfigure is that:

Code:
====================================
  XScreenSaver support      :  no
  PNG image support         :  yes
  OGG Vorbis sound support  :  no
------------------------------------
  Enabled screensavers:
  - Cyclone                 :  no
  - Euphoria                :  no
  - Field Lines             :  no
  - Flocks                  :  no
  - Flux                    :  no
  - Helios                  :  no
  - Hyperspace              :  no
  - Lattice                 :  no
  - Plasma                  :  yes
  - Skyrocket               :  no
  - Solar Winds             :  yes
====================================

~/XBMC
[....]

------------------------
  XBMC Configuration:
------------------------
  Debugging:    No
  Profiling:    Yes
  OpenGL:       Yes
  Joystick:     Yes
  XRandR:       Yes
  PCRE Support: Yes
  Automount:    Yes
  ccache:       Yes
  prefix:       /usr/local
------------------------

i lunch xbmc.bin and it start...

all works great in home page but i press to "video" it looks loading but it blocks.. i have to press esc lots of times to came back to "home"... or wait minutes, to give time the page to load

same thing is i press on "music", not instead to the others tabs.

it happens the first time i press on tab...the sencod time instead it works... and chage "page"
you still forgot the debug log
did you update your video card driver?

I had an issue with the latest 8.7 catalyst. It isn't go slow in overall, it's just don't work as it should. You load xbmc, then it stays a bit with no menus, no background, and then it comes, and to change from one option to another it takes 5-6 seconds.

I guess the driver is screwed, or mesa. That happened to me also when i compiled dri2, latest mesa and latest x86-driver-ati, and then uninstallit and reverted back to catalyst driver.

Now i'm back with ubuntu installed from scratch and an nvidia card, and xbmc works much better than before.
Yeah issues like these are most likely graphic driver related. Make sure you disable Compiz as well.
Why are you profiling but not debugging? I wouldn't recommend enabling compile options you don't understand. Profiling tends to add a fair bit of overhead.
After many hours tinkering to my slow 100% CPU with xbmc on hardy heron

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=458675 this fixed it - added as a source and installed using sudo apt-get full screen XBMC with no problems at all

Hope this helps someone

shane