Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sony Android 9.0 Kodi issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning

I was a happy kodi user in my Sony AF9 TV... Running with Android 8.0... Everthing was just fine playing 4k movies both from my cloud and HDD. I use the latest kodi versión, v18.5.

Yesterday I upgraded to 9.0 android version and the App became sluggish... From movement inside the App to the smoothness in the playback... So now it is not wacthable neither 1080p nor 4k movies so it is not a matter of bandwith or resources...and all the settings are the same...

The main possibility is that this is Sony/Android's fault... But I wanted to share it with you in order to give me some recommendations...

Should I contact Sony or It is a waste of time?

Thanks in advance
Sorry for replaying myself...

But afther de upgrade it does not play even the files in a local HDD... So the App is useless at least in AF9 Sony with Android Tv 9.0...

I uninstall and instalo the App to check it from the beginning...

Any idea?

Thanks
Contacting Sony: waste of time
Sony caring for anything else besides their internal apps? No

Sorry about that. Your TV might have a very nice picture quality, but certainly not a good android standards compliant firmware.
Good Night

Something went wrong during the firmware upgrade so I did a factory reset...

Now Kodi works fine... It is not sluggish into the menus as before... Now I can play all the files, from 720p to 80gb 4k movies... But only throug USB...

If I try to do it vía Google Drive addon... It does not play any file... It even does not start the playing... And with Android TV 8.0 I played all of them the Google Drive Addon...

So the conclusión seems to be that the Google Drive Addon does not works well at least in a Sony with Android TV 9.0...

This can be updated or fixed?

Thanks in advance
Update

The problem is not on Sony or Android... Google Drive APIs have changed so the Google Drive Addon must be updated... And they are working on it now...

https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googl.../issues/92

It is expected to be ok soon...

Thanks
It has been fixed the problem... Everthing works well again

Thanks