Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Glitches and ghosting during playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using KODI on a Nvidia Shield TV and I am still having the issue of random frames (looks like images from another video) or images coming up on the bottom half of the screen during playback.  It happens with all media types (extensions) and is random, sometimes it won't happen and sometimes it could happen 10 times during a 2hr movie.  The glitch flashes up on the bottom half of the screen for a few milliseconds and the file continues to play.

The same media file doesn't have any issues using other players on the same Nvidia Shield TV hardware player.

Also I have noticed that I am getting some ghosting or blurring during playback especially around fast moving action like a person running for example, the image of the person running will have a blurry frame around them.  It's worse and very noticeable when there is a lot of background behind the character, like trees, fences, houses etc.

I thought it was my new 4k tv but the same file doesn't do it when I play it through my 4k blu-ray player.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this?

Here's the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/awanitulim.kodi

Thanks for your help.
I was just able to get it to glitch while played through MX Player so looks like it's a NVIDIA Shield TV hardware issue .  Anyone else had this problem?
Which version of the shield are you using? I used to have the 2017 version and was fine and dandy. The 2019 version is supposed to be another matter, apparently with the 2019 version there are a lot of problems.
(2020-02-07, 14:21)Video Titles Wrote: [ -> ]Which version of the shield are you using? I used to have the 2017 version and was fine and dandy. The 2019 version is supposed to be another matter, apparently with the 2019 version there are a lot of problems.
I'm using the 2017 version and the glitches seem to be getting worse.  Thanks for letting me know that the 2019 version is buggy because I was just about to get one.  Do you have any recommendations for a player that is HDR 10 and Atmos capable?
I haven't to be honest, the mi box s is the only box that i have watched on youtube recently but i vannot remember what the specs are, my interest was google assistant built in, as i was researching chromecast.
(2020-02-08, 01:23)G.S.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-07, 14:21)Video Titles Wrote: [ -> ]Which version of the shield are you using? I used to have the 2017 version and was fine and dandy. The 2019 version is supposed to be another matter, apparently with the 2019 version there are a lot of problems.
I'm using the 2017 version and the glitches seem to be getting worse.  Thanks for letting me know that the 2019 version is buggy because I was just about to get one.  Do you have any recommendations for a player that is HDR 10 and Atmos capable? 
i have a 2019 Nvidia shield v9 pie version the only Kodi that works  with is SPMC 16.x all the never releases starting with 17.6  drop video at different points in time so i don't know if its a hardware issue i think its a development issue and v9 (PIE)