Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RGB or YcbCr already process?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really hard to find the answer about this, First of thing the computer GPU already process video signal as RGB, what about android box?, android box have GPU as computer so it already process as RGB right?,
That the problem about the output setting, My android box can selete output as RGB and YcbCr, YcbCr is the lossless compress but why i need to adding process for YcbCr if it already as RGB?, i know the reason because HDMI 2.0 bandwitdh not enough sometime
but bad luck that my TV can accept only HDR and dolby vision and i check it RGB-10Bit 4K/60FPS+HDR use 17.9GBS of bandwidth so it the top of quality signal that match the max bandwitdh with HDMI 2.0,
So the thing i really need to know is "android box is already process as RGB same computer because it have GPU", but about KODI player?, Is KODI player passthrough video signal from youtube or streaming as 4:2:0 to the TV?,
The main reason i need to know what is best RGB or YcbCr, what is less process from other ( RGB compress to YcbCr > send to TV > TV convert ycbcr to RGB > Display ) Why we need to add unnessesary process for ycbcr for this at the outputHuh
Android with mediacodec surface does whatever it wants. Kodi has no influence on it. As HDR and stuff works, it has a YUV-Scanout it seems.

Kodi itself if Surface is disabled will output sRGB, which you probably don't want. Therefore keep Mediacodec + Surface enabled.