Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: None of the movies in my local library show up in the "genre" categories!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
None of the movies in my local library show up in the "genre" categories, unless I mark them as "watched", is this normal behaviour? What am I doing wrong? I'm running Kodi 18.5 in my Android box (KDLinks A400). Any help would be appreciated, as I'm a newbie when it comes to Kodi. Thank you very much in advance!
No it is not normal.

How did you initially add the movies into your library?
(2020-02-20, 02:34)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]No it is not normal.

How did you initially add the movies into your library?

Thanks for your reply. On the default skin, on the left-side panel, I went to "movies", "enter files section", and listed I see the internal drive in my Android box, as well as "add videos". I chose my internal drive because I don't see it listed in "add videos" (it's not listed when I hit "browse"). Then I searched for my movie folder, and it's sub-folders which I have in categories of actors and directors, and in each of those folders, I have the individual folders with the movie titles, and in those movie title folders, I have the actual movie files, with the same name as the folder they reside in (name of movie followed by parenthesis and the year of the movie). Then I set content, "directory contains movies", "movies are in separate folders that match the movie title", then I scanned the folders.
Please provide a Debug Log. First delete one of your affected movies from the library, then scrape it back into the library. Capture that in the Debug Log and upload it and I might spot what the issue is.