Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding H265 videos to Video / Films library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I'm on Kodi 18.5 on a new NVidia Shield pro 2019, connected to a NAS with many video sources
I'm in trouble to see my new HEVC / H.265 video sources in the Film library ... all other sources in HD / FHD are well collected and displayed but not the 4 films with H.265 codec ... any idea to fix it ? 
I'm able to see and read them going to All files and browsing to my film source on my NAS, but i'd like them to appear and be collected by the scrapper, thanks for you help
Unless you have a different default file extension for your h.265/hevc videos, there is no reason why Kodi should not see or scrape this type of file.
What is the filename format of those videos?
(2020-02-20, 13:02)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you have a different default file extension for your h.265/hevc videos, there is no reason why Kodi should not see or scrape this type of file.
What is the filename format of those videos?

Thanks for answering, naming / file name is not different than other films ... extension is .mkv, i think i have other HD / FHD films also in .mkv extension
MKV is supported in Kodi no ?
(2020-02-20, 13:40)david0101 Wrote: [ -> ]MKV is supported in Kodi no ?
MKV is supported since the very beginning, as far as I know.
Perhaps you can provide a full debug log (wiki) via pastebin, maybe something turns up