Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Calibration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Forum,

I'm been long frustrated and figured I'd better reach out before I throw my Pi's.

For 3-Pi's 3B+

I've Video Calibrated, all look good through all screens until the move plays and there's a lot of overscan.
I've Re-Calibrated, reduced Refresh Rate, Re-Cal, in playing video settings adjusted the view mode (doesn't help), Re-Cal but the Calibration is same as System Re-Cal. 

All my TV's are Samsung Smart 4k's (55", 52", 43") and issue with all 3.

What's going on?

I've included a link to the right of this sentence with screenshots.               ImagePi 3 B+ Shared Folder With Pictures of Screens
(2020-02-22, 22:57)lance7tour Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Forum,

I'm been long frustrated and figured I'd better reach out before I throw my Pi's.

For 3-Pi's 3B+

I've Video Calibrated, all look good through all screens until the move plays and there's a lot of overscan.
I've Re-Calibrated, reduced Refresh Rate, Re-Cal, in playing video settings adjusted the view mode (doesn't help), Re-Cal but the Calibration is same as System Re-Cal. 

What's going on?

I've included a link to the right of this sentence with screenshots.               ImagePi 3 B+ Shared Folder With Pictures of Screens

Also XBian.
Turn off overscan on your TV's.
(2020-02-22, 22:58)lance7tour Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-22, 22:57)lance7tour Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Forum,

For 3-Pi's 3B+

What's going on?

Also XBian. 
You probably want to know what OS am running. LibreElec, XBian and OSMC.
All 3-issues.
Have you also disabled overscan via the RPi's config.txt file..?
-> disable_overscan=1
(2020-02-22, 23:02)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off overscan on your TV's.
I agree. Video Calibration should not be necessary on a late model TV, and I'll bet that your Samsungs are newer than mine. I disabled overscan to solve my problem.