Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom renaming formats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is it possible to rename using custom forms like,

If the movie is in h:/movies/the amazing spiderman

rename it to g:/Movies/Movie collection/the amazing spider-man collection/The amazing spiderman/the amazing spiderman.mkv

or

for movies not in collection, like joker

g:/Movies/J/Joker (2019)/Joker (2019).mkv

is it possible? for renaming them?
(2020-02-24, 17:22)hackmonker Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to rename using custom forms like,

If the movie is in h:/movies/the amazing spiderman

rename it to g:/Movies/Movie collection/the amazing spider-man collection/The amazing spiderman/the amazing spiderman.mkv

or

for movies not in collection, like joker

g:/Movies/J/Joker (2019)/Joker (2019).mkv

is it possible? for renaming them?
This is the rename pattern I use for just the thing

Folder

Code:
${if movie.tags[0] = '3D'}3D${else}${movieSet.title}${end}/${title} ${- ,edition,} (${year}) ${- ,3Dformat,}

Movie File

Code:
${title} ${- ,edition,} (${year}) ${- ,3Dformat,}

You'll see I also check for 3D format as I like to prefix my 3D movies with "3D" etc. but you can always remove that if you don't do/want the same thing

e.g this should work for the folder pattern (but I've not tried it)

Code:
${Movie Collection/, movieSet.title,}/${title} ${- ,edition,} (${year}) ${- ,3Dformat,}

Hope this helps
That might work will it give the letter folders for non collection movies?
(2020-02-24, 18:41)hackmonker Wrote: [ -> ]That might work will it give the letter folders for non collection movies?

Oops, didn't spot that, I'll have to play around with a $if, $else on the movie set name to see if it contains anything, I'll try and do it in a bit and come back to you
@hackmonker try this rename pattern

Code:
${if movie.tags[0] = '3D'}3D${else}${if movieSet.title}Movie Collection/${movieSet.title}${else}${title;first}${end}${end}/${title} ${- ,edition,} (${year}) ${- ,3Dformat,}
Oh another thing if you don't mind. Can the letter folder ignore "the"? Like the girl next door goes to g folder and not t folder?
(2020-02-25, 20:40)hackmonker Wrote: [ -> ]Oh another thing if you don't mind. Can the letter folder ignore "the"? Like the girl next door goes to g folder and not t folder?

Code:
${if movie.tags[0] = '3D'}3D${else}${if movieSet.title}Movie Collection/${movieSet.title}${else}${titleSortable;first}${end}${end}/${title} ${- ,edition,} (${year}) ${- ,3Dformat,}