Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compiling Kodi with additional Addon's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been building XBMC\Kodi since the days of around version 11, and i had been kinda regular with them thru to about version 15.2... i discover a few things have changed in the build process.
After a few years break, im building Kodi 18.5 from the source, and am wanting to change the default skin + include some addon's in my source (legit addon's, like OzWeather).

Oh, and im building for Windows - and will probably just do an x64 version (not UWP)

Way back in those older versions i used to just drop the folders for things like OzWeather into the Addon's folder, and they'd be included in my resulting exe file;
But that doesn't seem to work with these later versions, so i was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction (to change the default skin + included some addons in the build) for something to assist me.

If its anything, the machine im building on:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
16GB RAM
Corsair Force MP510 500GB NVMe SSD (boot) + WD 2TB Black SATA HDD (file storage)
Radeon RX 570 4GB Graphics Card (with AMD drivers)
Win 10 Professional 64bit