Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Putting movies in same library as tv show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As expected I have my movies in the Movie Library and tv shows in the TV Show Library.  However, I have a movie which is a follow on from the tv shows.  In this case I have all the Downton Abbey tv series but now I also have the Downton Abbey movie.

I'd like to have the movie and tv shows in the same library but can't seem to acheive this.  If I put the movie in the same top level folder as the tv shows, it doesn't appear anywhere in either library.  If I put it in the movie folders it does show up under movies.

FYI: I've scrapped the movie seperately and have created an .nfo file

Is there anyway to do what I want?

Thanks
you would put it in tv shows Downton Abbey
https://thetvdb.com/series/downton-abbey

Recent Episodes
A Grand Event 0x14 or s0e14
Downton Abbey 0x12 or s0e12

cane be placed in Downton Abbey/specials
See Linking movies to TV shows (wiki), which should cover what you want I think.

It's not putting them in the same library (although technically all videos are in the same MyVideos library, but that's not what you mean), but it will make them display together and be accessible from the same screen.
(2020-03-04, 12:22)Gaspode Wrote: [ -> ]FYI: I've scrapped the movie seperately and have created an .nfo file

Is there anyway to do what I want?
An alternative method is add the movie as an episode of the tv show. If the last episode of the tv show is S06E08 you can add the movie as S06E09 or in a new season as S07E01. Using this method the movie will not display in the Movie listing.
  1. Move the movie and nfo file into your tv show folder
  2. Rename the movie filename to match your other episodes but with the SxxExx of your choice as described above
  3. Open the NFO File and change the <movie></movie> tag to <episodedetails></episodedetails>
  4. Change <premiered></premiered> to <aired></aired>
  5. You will need to choose and save locally an appropriate fanart image as the episode artwork
  6. Update the library or Scan for new content on the show.
  7. The movie should appear in the library as a new episode.
Thanks for the replies.  I'll try some of the suggestions soon.

Thanks again