Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with .srt subs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I had a problem today watching a 720p .mkv video file. Well, the problem was not really with the video, but with its subtitle file, a separated .srt.

The problems were 3:

-most of the subtitles was simply not displayed
-when displayed, only the first line of a 2 liner got displayed
-sometimes, the timecode got displayed along with the text

The file is not that good, probably coming from Asia somewhere, but nevertheless, mplayer correctly displays it.

Details:
using SVN PPAs on Hardy

Logfile

Can someone shed some light or point me where to look?

Many thanks!
Try playing the same .srt with any other video. It should do the same thing. If so, please add a bug report to trac and supply the .srt file so we can reproduce + fix.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Good thinking!

I tried with another, completely different video and it does exactly the same. For info, I tried with a normal (no HDTV) xvid file in an AVI container.

Also, I noticed that, after the first 2 blocks of text displayed correctly, inluding the Italic facetype, it displays the first row of a 2 row block and then the timecode from block n.61, which is way way further down the file. This always the same with the 2 videos.

The subtitle file can be downloaded from here.

I can also add that, thinking of a problem with the srt format, I used mplayer to confert it to both a .sub and .smi file. Both times xbmc didn't display anything, even if in the log file it seems to have loaded both files correctly.

Thanks!