Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVLand, other default add-ons fail to play after new install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm relatively new to coreelec and kodi, but not to Linux. I've just installed coreelec generic -ng build 9.2.1 on my Beelink g12b-S922x GT-King and the video addons from kodi like HGTV and TVLand fail to play with just "check the log for more information".

The kodi.log file contains python errors similar to this:
Quote:2020-03-07 19:33:59.272 T:3535795072   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the followin
g error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvland/default.py", line 23, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib import tvland
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvland/resources/lib/tvland.py", line 285, in <m
odule>
                                                elif mode == 1: TVLand().browse(name, url)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvland/resources/lib/tvland.py", line 89, in bro
wse
                                                except: items = json.loads(re.search('var triforceManifestURL = "(.+?)";',response).gro
up(1))
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I've pasted all of the kodi.log here
https://paste.kodi.tv/vogozajeka.kodi

There's a reference to a DNS problem, but I can ping google.com from the host on the command-line.
"ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6)"

Any ideas greatly appreciated