Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sublissimo - Subtitle Editor for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've created an Addon for Kodi which provides very basic subtitle editing within Kodi; Sublissimo. It is available in the official Kodi Addon Repository, under Program Addons. (Leia).

It lets you modify or delete specific lines, move all subtitles forward, backward or stretch them out to a given endpoint. Further, you can synchronize it with another subtitle, or start up a video file from your library where you can manually choose the exact location of the first and last subtitle which will synchronize the subtitle with the chosen video.

It's the very first version so please be kind; there might be some bugs...

Use is at your own risk. Smile
(2020-03-12, 17:33)AJVM Wrote: [ -> ]I've created an Addon for Kodi which provides very basic subtitle editing within Kodi; Sublissimo. It is available in the official Kodi Addon Repository, under Program Addons. (Leia).

It lets you modify or delete specific lines, move all subtitles forward, backward or stretch them out to a given endpoint. Further, you can synchronize it with another subtitle, or start up a video file from your library where you can manually choose the exact location of the first and last subtitle which will synchronize the subtitle with the chosen video.

It's the very first version so please be kind; there might be some bugs...

Use is at your own risk. Smile
Hi this sounds great! Can it set the Subtitle frame rate on the fly?

Feature Request from 2013: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173499

Concept: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2848337
(2020-03-12, 17:51)botribun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi this sounds great! Can it set the Subtitle frame rate on the fly?

Feature Request from 2013: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173499

Concept: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2848337 
Not at this moment, No. But i'll take a look a it... On the fly might be quite tricky though.
I've looked at the problem. I have added a function to the addon which let you load a video and try different frame rate conversions by which you can check if the used frame rate conversion is correct. So it is on the fly.

Since the .srt format doesn't use frame rates but uses timestamps, I assume that most frame rate problems are caused by files which originally uses frame rates and are incorrectly converted to another frame rate when saved as a .srt file. To solve this you have to increase or decrease all subtitles by a certain factor. For instance 1,0427 if the frame rate should have been 23.976 but 25 was used instead. (25/23.976=1.0427).

I have added a few presets like 23.976 to 25, 25 to 23.976, 24 to 25 etc. I have also added a way to calculate your own factor or enter one, and a function to see what the frame rate is of the currently playing file, so that should hopefully cover most of this stuff.

It's in version 0.0.2 Nerd
(2020-03-22, 22:31)AJVM Wrote: [ -> ]I've looked at the problem. I have added a function to the addon which let you load a video and try different frame rate conversions by which you can check if the used frame rate conversion is correct. So it is on the fly.

Since the .srt format doesn't use frame rates but uses timestamps, I assume that most frame rate problems are caused by files which originally uses frame rates and are incorrectly converted to another frame rate when saved as a .srt file. To solve this you have to increase or decrease all subtitles by a certain factor. For instance 1,0427 if the frame rate should have been 23.976 but 25 was used instead. (25/23.976=1.0427).

I have added a few presets like 23.976 to 25, 25 to 23.976, 24 to 25 etc. I have also added a way to calculate your own factor or enter one, and a function to see what the frame rate is of the currently playing file, so that should hopefully cover most of this stuff.

Wow sorry just saw it now, will test it soon!

Thanks in advanced!
(2020-04-22, 12:21)botribun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-22, 22:31)AJVM Wrote: [ -> ]TI've looked at the problem. I have added a function to the addon which let you load a video and try different frame rate conversions by which you can check if the used frame rate conversion is correct. So it is on the fly.

Wow sorry just saw it now, will test it soon!

Thanks in advanced! 

Thank you! Let me know if anything needs fixing...
Version 0.0.3 is now available for both Leia and Matrix. I added support for MicroDVD .sub files to be modified as well.
This sounds like a great add-on! Especially the frame rate converter. Unfortunately the conext menus are all over the place for me. Either the wrong context menu from before appear, or after pressing "continue playing" the context menu doesn't close. Or if I want to close the add-on, the context menu appears again and i need to quit it 5-10 times until it disappears.
(2021-01-04, 18:24)PizzaPino Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like a great add-on! Especially the frame rate converter. Unfortunately the conext menus are all over the place for me. Either the wrong context menu from before appear, or after pressing "continue playing" the context menu doesn't close. Or if I want to close the add-on, the context menu appears again and i need to quit it 5-10 times until it disappears.

What platform and version of Kodi are you using? Then I'll try to see if I can fix it... I'm not familiar with this problem Blush
Does it happen all the time or is there a specific step when this happens?
Well, I made a few adjustments to hopefully take care of it. Now available as version 0.0.6 in the repository. Smile
(2021-01-19, 21:06)AJVM Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I made a few adjustments to hopefully take care of it. Now available as version 0.0.6 in the repository. Smile

Thank you, I'll check it out! I used it on the Vero 4k, so OSMC.
THIS IS AMAZING. 

Your plugin is a real life saver.

This problem has been bother me a lot, especially with older and less popular titles, where there is only the single subtitle available, but it's gradually shrinking or expanding in terms of timeline. 

I registered this account just to pay my gratitude.
(2021-04-15, 11:00)terrytw Wrote: [ -> ]THIS IS AMAZING. 

Your plugin is a real life saver.

This problem has been bother me a lot, especially with older and less popular titles, where there is only the single subtitle available, but it's gradually shrinking or expanding in terms of timeline. 

I registered this account just to pay my gratitude.
Well thank you! Glad its working well Angel
Since the regular way of searching and opening a subtitlefile is not super user friendly I've added another option.

Now, when you play a video and you start the script, it will look for the active subtitle and ask if you want to load it. If it can't find it for whatever reason, you can select one manually from the directory of the playing file. You can launch the script with the remote, or activate it while the video is playing by going to addon-menu or you can use the Keymap Editor to create a shortcut with key. Now available in Official Kodi Leia Repository as version 0.0.7 or as 1.0.7 for Matrix. Hope it helps Blush
Pages: 1 2