Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia shield 2019 - video stutter + crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

so I have to issues here:

1) crashes: when I'm in my movie's folder and try to 'update library', Kodi crashes... Every time!
   when in TV shows, doing the update (same goal, to update all), no crashes... 
  => Didn't had this issue with my raspberry pi 2!! To it is definitely a Kodi vs Nvidia shield issue.
2) with 4K videos (store locally on NAS), the movies sometimes stutter. Most often in a high dense action scene, but sometimes it's more general.

So off course I'm looking for solutions:
1) do I need to get any logs if so, where can I find them (mind you, got the SMB working on Nvidia, but it only lets me connect 1/20 times.. maybe! Most times after reboot of the Shield...)
2) I'm already playing around with the advancedsettings.xml, but if anyone has a tip, always welcome.

Running 18.6 Kodi and last updates from Nvidia shield, 8.1.1
Was to quick on the trigger:

"Thanks in advance guys and girls!"
(2020-03-18, 15:50)jaip Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

1) crashes: when I'm in my movie's folder and try to 'update library', Kodi crashes... Every time!
  => Didn't had this issue with my raspberry pi 2!! To it is definitely a Kodi vs Nvidia shield issue.
2) with 4K videos (store locally on NAS), the movies sometimes stutter. Most often in a high dense action scene, but sometimes it's more general.

1) do I need to get any logs if so, where can I find them (mind you, got the SMB working on Nvidia, but it only lets me connect 1/20 times.. maybe! Most times after reboot of the Shield...)
2) I'm already playing around with the advancedsettings.xml, but if anyone has a tip, always welcome.

Hey. What is the solution for I have exactly the same problem.
(2020-03-26, 20:23)markus1967 Wrote: [ -> ]

Got the advancedsettings set to:
buffermode: 0
memorysize 52428800
and readfactor: 6

This seems to work for now...

Solution to Kodi crashing after looking in my Films folder or update it, still no solution.
But got other APPs on the Shield that also crash without a good reason so very much starting to think it is a Shield issue here.
(2020-03-31, 16:15)jaip Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-26, 20:23)markus1967 Wrote: [ -> ]

Got the advancedsettings set to:
buffermode: 0
memorysize 52428800
and readfactor: 6

This seems to work for now...

Solution to Kodi crashing after looking in my Films folder or update it, still no solution.
But got other APPs on the Shield that also crash without a good reason so very much starting to think it is a Shield issue here.  
I have reset my Shield to factory default and i still have the same problem.
It has to be a Shield issue.